Kansas
Options

Any Ideas on Floor Covering for Horse Arena Reception??

My fiance and I are hoping to have our reception in my family's horse barn and I am trying to come up with some sort of an idea on how to cover the current flooring. It is a horse arena and so it has sand flooring in it. We can remove the sand pre-wedding but I still want to find something to cover the dirt so it is clean..It's an 80x120 area so it will have to be something that can cover a large amount as well..Any and all ideas are appreciated!! Thanks :)

Re: Any Ideas on Floor Covering for Horse Arena Reception??

• Options
    You may try some linen or canvas fabric to lay out over the sand. I went to a wedding in an arena that had someone build a dancefloor using some pallets as a base and laying "floor boards" over the top and nailing them down. Then they put down linen fabric (just rolled out from the bolts) all over the rest of the table areas. The seating was fabric covered hay bales. It was quite nice and very rustic.

Another idea they didn't go with was laying out gunny sack material over the sand. Oh, I should mention they had watered and harrowed/smoothed the sand just prior to setting everything up so people did not have trouble walking around.
    Good luck!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kansas_any-ideas-on-floor-covering-for-horse-arena-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:92Discussion:d87975f5-1f37-4cf4-b538-13efad5444d9Post:4f3856c6-3132-4d5a-867f-ec67a9ee5ae2">Any Ideas on Floor Covering for Horse Arena Reception??</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are hoping to have our reception in my family's horse barn and I am trying to come up with some sort of an idea on how to cover the current flooring. It is a horse arena and so it has sand flooring in it. We can remove the sand pre-wedding but I still want to find something to cover the dirt so it is clean..It's an 80x120 area so it will have to be something that can cover a large amount as well..Any and all ideas are appreciated!! Thanks :)
    Posted by ClareM13[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards