Kansas

Looking for a venue in the Topeka area

Im looking for a venue in the Topeka Ks area to have my country wedding and reception at. Really need some help cause we are wanting to get married next April or May!!!

Re: Looking for a venue in the Topeka area

• mcskatcatmcskatcat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were married at Stony Point Hall, which is a little bit outside of Lawrence.  It was really reasonable and the owners were great.  I believe their web site is stonypointhall.com.

I've also been to weddings at the Great Overland Station in North Topeka and at the Kansas Museum of History and both places were lovely.  We went to a wedding at the Shawnee County Country Club and the food was awful, so don't go there. 
  • edited December 2011
    Lake Shawnee has some beautiful areas to have weddings if you are wanting an outdoor wedding. There are also some IBEW (internatinoal brotherhood of electrical workers- you don't have to be a member) locations that are very nice.
    Come what may, I will love you until my dying day.
  • LaceyH13LaceyH13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would second the Kansas Museum of History. It's a quiet location with lots of parking and really nice coordinators :)
  • lindsayc27lindsayc27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I will check those places out!
  • Mylie11Mylie11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry this is a little late.  We were married at Heritage Hall in Topeka, KS just this past May.  We had the ceremony outdoors (on the South side of the building) and then moved indoors for the reception.  They have a pretty open policy for caterers, alcohol, and other vendors.  And their pricing is reasonable.  Hope you find something that is amazing.
  • edited December 2011
    The Vinewood.  It's close to Lake Shawnee.
  • edited December 2011
    We used the Vinewood. My free advice is NOT to use this place. The person who sales their service is all talk.  I listened to the negative speaches about other weddings and events (Bad Advertisement on their part).  They also back tract on a lot of their comments whether it is in writing or not. 
    The "Buffett" was not a buffett. Our guests actually came up to me and told us that their portions were extremely small and they were not able to get additional.  Food tasted amazing, but when you pay for 150 people and 122 show up, there should have been enough food plus (her 10% she claims they make). Wonder were the extras went?
    They refused to let my guests in when they showed up 1/2 hour early and one of them was my own mother, who went home and missed the evening and memories that could have been made with her granddaughter. (My mom is not physically well, but she planned to come eat dinner and then head home) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards