Iowa-Quad Cities
Options

Outdoor Ceremony/Reception Ideas

I'm planning a late August wedding.  We'd like to get married and have the reception outside.  Vander Veer in Davenport is high on the list for the ceremony, but there is yet to be a reception place that jumps out at me.  Any ideas?

Re: Outdoor Ceremony/Reception Ideas

• Options
    madstaylormadstaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im not sure of any place around here for an outdoor reception. Just keep in mind the weather (heat/humidity/rain). I went to an outdoor wedding/reception in September and it rained and a lot of people didnt come, they had a tent up for the guests but all the water came under it and it was all muddy.. Hopefully you have better luck!
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about reception areas either.

I've heard/seen TPC in Silvis, but even if it's outside there's usually a tent
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are a few "known" outdoor places for ceremonies, such as Vander Veer. There is also Duck Creek, and an outdoor ceremony area by Stoney Creek Inn called Bass Street Landing and I believe there are a few places in Illinois, I would just google "outdoor venues in the Quad Cities".

The Best Western Steeple Gate has an outdoor area but I know that they are usually booked a year or so in advance because of their awesome deal.

I only know these places because of a few weddings we have been to there, and a small amount of time that we researched outdoor venues. I also have an issue with outdoors because of the weather so I opted out. However, Bass Street Landing has a huge tent covering the stage for the ceremony so you guys would be fine =).
    The Phelps are TTC =)Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Our wedding details- eaphelps.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You could try the Hampton Heritage Center.  Its right on the river and away from traffic.  You could do tent or no tent there. 

• Options
    vigneslevignesle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I belive the the Iowa Welcome Center in Bettendorf over looking the river accomidates outdoor weddings
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards