Options

QC BRIDES!!

Where are you!? :)

April 2013 - October Siggy Challenge: Venue

Save the Date - Music Poster Inspired STD's

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: QC BRIDES!!

• Options
    Here! :) I am a QC bride but I currently live in Des Moines. Anyone have any suggestions for a good photographer and/or dj? Wedding is Sept 28, 2013!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-quad-cities_qc-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:93Discussion:4047ab27-da3a-470c-9bd1-48f6481c4fd2Post:fdd23220-cb02-42a8-925d-2012dd8d8429">Re: QC BRIDES!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here! :) I am a QC bride but I currently live in Des Moines. Anyone have any suggestions for a good photographer and/or dj? Wedding is Sept 28, 2013!
    Posted by colleengilhooly[/QUOTE]

for a photographer check out wiz of oz. amazing!!! Also best days photography!!

Also Kevin walker Entertainment does Photography and Dj-ing!!!!
  • Options
    I check in often but most of the posts are "OMG STORYBOOK ENDING IS SOO AWESOME I'M GOING TO MARRY THEM INSTEAD!!!!"

I'd love to try to help out or just talk if there were any actual posts.
  • Options
    It's pretty quiet here - I check my wedding month board mostly since there is a lot more action.  I've tried looking at other local message boards but there isn't much wedding chat going on anywhere. 

Favorite DJ's are LUXE, Master, Glynn Grooves, and several of the SAS DJ's are good.  Most DJ's are going to have a lot of music but many DJs are overly cheesey or worse, have zero skills of keeping things flowing. 

Happy Planning!
    February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

• Options
    Thanks for the response! I'll check them out!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-quad-cities_qc-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:93Discussion:4047ab27-da3a-470c-9bd1-48f6481c4fd2Post:b3571156-1a64-4bba-9b1c-bfc8ad1dbe98">Re: QC BRIDES!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I check in often but most of the posts are <strong>"OMG STORYBOOK ENDING IS SOO AWESOME I'M GOING TO MARRY THEM INSTEAD!!!!" I</strong>'d love to try to help out or just talk if there were any actual posts.
    Posted by tawillers[/QUOTE]

<div>LOL! </div>
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    lcatterton - I just saw a post of yours over on the april board and did a double take when you mentioned Coal Valley, IL - I even posted you must be a QC Bride/ eastern iowa bride to know where that is and then come here and see you post on this board.  Which obviously answers my question if you are a QC Bride!

Exciting to hear of another april qc bride.  If you don't mind me asking, where are you getting married?  Are wishing it would just get here already! :-)

• Options

bdpbride - I am actually getting married in Coal Valley!! It's going to be held at the Rock Reception facility. Actually my extended family owns and operates that building. They have a gazebo in the back that my grandpa helped build, so it should be pretty cool getting married there!! I definitely wish it would hurry up and get here! That being said, I still have a lot to get done, so I don't want it to hurry up too fast! Haha. So, you're an April bride, as well, that's pretty kickass! Where are you getting married and what day?

Ladies, for photography, I'm having Giraffe photography take my pictures. A friend my fiance went to school with owns the studio, so we went with them even though they are a bit pricy! Hehe.

For a DJ, Anytime DJ did my cousin's wedding at the end of June and they were fabulous. Lights and everything are included and they even offer Karaoke for free, if you want it!! They are extremely affordable in comparison with other DJ's in the area! Check them out!!! www.myanytimedj.com

It's exciting to hear of other brides in the area! We'll have to keep this board popping!!! Wink

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Very cool!  I've been to The Rock before and know of the gazebo you mentioned.  How neat to get married there!  My wedding is on the 13th and we are getting married at the ballpark (Modern Woodmen Park).  We are using the skydeck for the ceremony, half of the banquet hall for cocktail hour, the other half for dinner and then opening the skydeck up for dancing  and cake.  The boy is a big sportsfan and I love the view of the river so it worked out well for both of us. 

Happy Planning!

• Options
    Oh man! That is kickass! I've seen a couple of bachelor parties there but never thought of it as a wedding venue! How neat! And, there are even a few bars down that way that you could go to for your afterparty. Man, I wish April was next month. Although, once the holidays start up these next 7 months could be gone in a flash!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards