Iowa-Quad Cities
Options

Same-Sex Wedding Welcome in Davenport

When my partner and I decided to get married in Davenport (nearest city to Chicago), we didn't know what to expect. Being a same-sex couple, we really didn't know how we would be received. But... our experience couldn't have been more wonderful. It started with our meeting with Christina Kuberski at the Radisson who could not have been more welcoming and sweet to us. Her and the staff at the Radission took care of my partner Tom and me, as well as our 150 guests, all of whom stayed at the hotel. Christina really handled everything and made sure all of our needs were met. We also had a truly amazing experience at the Figge Art Museum, which was the venue for our ceremony. Dave Micklewright and staff were SO incredible. The food, amazing. The space, perfect. The staff, just unbelievably warm and gracious. All of our guests commented on what a great experience they had at the Figge and how truly special the staff made us feel. Just wonderful all the way around. Two additional shout outs: the Cupcake Ladies made the most amazing cupcake tower. Not only did the taste amazing, but people are still talking about how beautiful it was. And also a

Re: Same-Sex Wedding Welcome in Davenport

• Options
    Glad to hear they were accomidating to you because when my partner and I went there last year it was a different story. We had called and asked about available dates, and they told us all the weekends available in our timeframe. She never asked my fiance's name, so she had no idea it was two guys.  When we got there, she just looked up from her desk and asked someone else to deal with us. Then, she had her assistant give me a packet to read and come out to tell us that all of their dates in our time frame were booked.  I guess they had a great day to book 7 weddings in a 24 hour period. THen the following week we had a friend call, and the dates were magically available again!  Oh well, there loss really since we found another hotel to host our event.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards