North Carolina

Combined Ceremony and Reception

I've just started the whole planning process and figuring out what we want and don't want.  I think that we're leaning toward having the ceremony and reception in the same venue for convenience.  Any suggestions for the Charlotte area that you guys know of?

Re: Combined Ceremony and Reception

• edited December 2011
    Just outside of Charlotte in Belmont is Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden. They have lots of different areas, including one garden designed especially for ceremonies. It's not the cheapest venue, but we had our reception there and loved it!

www.dsbg.org
  • edited December 2011
    Mint Museum uptown or on Randolph...Belk Chapel...Carrigan Farms....several hotels have the option of wedding+reception.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing mine at Victorian Villa Inn (and I know there are some girls on here who have had their weddings there) and I am doing both there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
  • edited December 2011
    These are some really great place I viewed before choosen my venue, b/c I thought of having them both together as well for convience of my guest, but ended up choosen two different locations for them both b/c I needed to be near airport after wedding. These are some great places: Sheraton (Billy Graham- this place is really nice now), Holiday Inn (center city- has a great view on roof for wedding), Duke Mansion, Pine Island Country Club(great place indoors and out), & ect. Good Luck
  • SassyPants150SassyPants150 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Holiday Inn Center City offers a rooftop venue where you can overlook the city and then have your reception on the rooftop. 

DH's Uncle got married at The Morehead Inn...its also a great place that will offer both ceremony and reception.

If you want to travel a little further south we loved The Dairy Barn in Fort Mill.  Its a great venue as well

We looked into all of these because we wanted our ceremony and reception at the same place. We ended up decided we wanted to go back towards the Mountains and did our wedding in Lake Lure at the Rumbling Bald Resort.  We were so happy to have everything in one place because it gave everyone an opportunity to just get to one place and not have to worry about traveling somewhere else to get to the reception. 

Favorite thing about fall...Florida Football!

What's cookin'? BFP: May 16, 2011 DD born January 19, 2012 | Chart BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary imageBabyName Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Hello I forgot to mention that there is a place called "The Palmer" in Charlotte NC that is really nice and they will combine the ceremony and reception together. check out there website (thepalmerbuilding.com) and it looks even better in person, the guys who r running it also r very very nice, and there is a place called "SMS Catering" website is: www.smscater.comSMS Catering ServicesMS Catering Services
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards