Iowa-Quad Cities

Rehearsal dinner ideas in Iowa City?

Hey knotties!

Anyone out there get married/planning to get married in the Iowa City area?  Any suggestions for a great place to host a rehearsal dinner?

Re: Rehearsal dinner ideas in Iowa City?

• edited December 2011
    Hey knotties!

Anyone out there get married/planning to get married in the Iowa City area?  Any suggestions for a great place to host a rehearsal dinner?
  • madstaylormadstaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the iowa city river power company or givanni's? or the vine for more casual.
  • edited December 2011
    It depends on what type of restaurant your looking for. If your looking for a nice place and not too worried about a budget, take a look at the restaurants downtown. There are tons of places that would be great! Good Luck! Kelley
  • edited December 2011
    I know they have The Brown Bottle downtown...very good place!

Otherwise, Iowa River Power Company is phenomenal.  I went there for rehearsal dinner for a wedding I was in, and they did a fabulous job. 
  • BacQuangBacQuang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    126 has a great private room.  I went to a private party there and it was really nice.  Otherwise Cherf's Table and Blacksotne are both also really nice.  There are alot of options depending on what you're looking for food wise.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a rehearsal dinner at Blackstone and it was great. We were in a private room in the back so it was secluded and the food and service were both great!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vigneslevignesle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Here's my suggestions

Downtown:
    Atlas
    one twenty six
    Joseph's
    Chef's Table

Iowa City Area:
    Monica's
    Blackstone

• edited December 2011
    My fiance and I lived in IC for 6 yrs! He was once a bartender at the the Summit, so here are my suggestions:

Atlas
    Brown Bottle
    Monica's (yum)
    Blackstone
    Mondo's

Chef's Table used to be owned by my soon to be uncle, though I think he's selling it. And I've heard they might have closed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards