Iowa-Quad Cities
Options

Ceremony Locations/Churches in IC

Because we met at the U of I four years ago, my fiance and I are planning an Iowa City wedding in May, 2013.  We're having the reception at the memorial union, but are still looking at ideas for ceremony sites.  Anyone have ideas for a good INDOOR ceremony location (church or otherwise) in the Iowa City area, preferably close to the university?  Thanks!

Re: Ceremony Locations/Churches in IC

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are getting married at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church, on east court street in Iowa City. They allow non member services. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I grew up going to First United Methodist Church on the corner of Jefferson and Dubuque streets, it has really pretty stained glass windows and is right downtown.  I'm pretty sure they allow non-member weddings also.  I'd definitely be getting married there if I didn't want an outdoor ceremony.  There are quite a few churches to pick from in the downtown area, if either you or your fiance are a particular religion they probably have that kind of church downtown.  
  • Options
    jphiijphii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on how big, I always thought the church down by the IMU was really cute.  Otherwise, St. Pat's over off Scott Blvd. is BEAUTIFUL! Pricey for non-members, but gorgeous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards