Iowa-Quad Cities

Photographers/DJ's

Looking for a very good photographer and DJ for our Sept 3, 2011 wedding. Any good suggestions? I know it's a ways away, but its never to early to get some ideas. So far I have heard that Giraffe Photography of Davenport is very good.

Re: Photographers/DJ's

• supergirl377supergirl377 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Michael Rastall Photography. He is from Chicago, but for $2100 he is driving here, shooting all day, we have all rights to his photos, and we got a GREAT 2 hour e-pic shoot. He is simply amazing! www.rastallphoto.com
  • edited December 2011
    we are using Best Days Photography. Melanie Bishop is the photog and she is absolutely fantastic.  She is in high demand, so you'll want to book early.

Giraffe did a great job for my co-worker who is getting married just four weeks after me.  Their e-pics were really awesome.

The DJ we're using is probably farther away than you'd like, but he does a great job.  We're getting married in Burlington and he's from Winfield.  I first used him for my parents' 40th wedding anniversary bash.  He was the first and only DJ I called when we got engaged.  His name is Paul Humphreys and his company is Humphreys Sound.
  • edited December 2011

Giraffe is a great choice.  Stephen's packages are reasonable and his work is amazing.  He did two weddings for our family, along with a outdoor photoshoot with my granddaughters.

I will say his wife, Elaine, is also an outstanding photographer.  In each of the weddings, he and Elaine both took pictures.  It is nice to get photos from two different points of view. 

They are also a very personable couple, which makes the picture taking more fun and comfortable.

• kelliejo83kelliejo83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Creative Wedding Package for our photographer and they were amazing!  I cannot say enough about them!  Our DJ was Jason from Jordan Chance DJs and he was also great.  There is more detail in the vendor review section of my bio if you want more details.
    Planning & Married Bio... Pro Pics, Vendor Reviews, and Items For Sale!
  • spagrl33spagrl33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are using Artistic Photography. Shawn is awesome and is so great to work with. He takes gorgeous photos and in most packages you get the right to all the pictures to. We already had our engagement session and I can't wait to see what awesome pictures we get from the wedding! Definitely has been a wonderful experience so far!!

For our dj we are using RJS dj. Ryan(the owner) has been great to work with and was actually recommended to me by a few of my vendors. The pricing is great and they've been very helpful!
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We're also using Creative Wedding Package.  Todd is awesome!  We didn't want the top package but he still through in a Chicago engagement session.  He offered to do a second session in the spring for free as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards