Iowa-Quad Cities
Options

Location for Bridal Shower

Hey girls!

I am trying to brainstorm some ideas to give to my bridal shower hostesses for my upcoming bridal shower. We could end up having up to 60 people at the shower so it will be too large to hold at someone's house (I have a huge family that is mostly local).

We need somewhere to host the shower. Preferably somewhere where we can provide our own food and beverage and that is not too terriby expensive. Also we are doing a holiday craft party theme for the shower so instead of the typical bridal shower games for our activity we will be putting together a holiday themed craft so we will need enough room for some tables to setup the craft supplies on.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Location for Bridal Shower

• Options
    I forgot to mention the party is going to be late October at the earliest but likely will be in November or December so the location will need to be inside.
  • Options
    Not sure where you are from but check community centers in your city.  I know Bettendorf Community Center rents rooms out like this.  If you or someone you know lives in Bett, you can reserve the room for next to nothing and bring in your own food.  Other wise check hotels for rates on smaller conference rooms. Butterworth Center in Moline lets you rent out rooms as well I believe.
    February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

• Options
    Thanks so much bdpbride!

I had thought about the Bettendorf Community Center because that is where I did my sister's bridal shower but then when I saw your post I remembered that Riverdale (the really small town right by Alcoa) has a community room in their town hall. My future mother in law is a resident of Riverdale so she is able to rent it for free!

Bridal shower will be set for November 18th as long as no one booked it between yesterday afternoon and when she calls this morning! Can't wait!

The Butterworth Center looks like a gorgeous location, but currently they only allow non-profit organizations to use their facilities.
  • Options
    Ahh thanks for the clarification on the Butterworth Center. I will have to remember that!
    Glad you found a place!  Have fun at the shower!!!
    February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards