Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Am I the only one???

I decided that with the except of doing flip flops has the wedding favor, we are not having a typical "cape cod beach" wedding. Its going to be a total teal & white tiffanys theme, sand & shells are 100% off limits. Some of the vendors have looked at my like I was crazy when I told them "no I dont want a cape cod cake, or no im not doing shell centerpieces" I live here, its not a destination wedding for me, its my home & I want to get married where we grew up. Just wondering if I am really the only person not having a beach themed wedding.

Re: Am I the only one???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That was my same issue!! All of my friends have done the "Cape Cod", things so I was looking to get away from that, so I did,completely!!!! We are getting married at a farm and having a rustic country wedding!! LOL!!! But I do like the idea of throwing some sea-shells in your scheme! Your colors seem like it would fit, but don't go overkill!! Where is your Venue??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The only "beach" thing we are having is sand in the bottom of the hurricane vases with a pillar candle. Even that was because I couldn't find the right color rocks/marble things. I actually haven't had that much push back about it from vendors though. Probably because our venue isn't actually on the water (Ballymeade).
  • Options
    BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My venue is the Harbor Point, Not on the beach but still has a beautiful ocean view. It feels good to know Im not the only one though
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are not doing anything beach at all and the wedding is on the cape. Our colors are black and ivory with pink and we are doing all floral centerpieces, nothing with sand or shells, bridesmaids are wearing black. Do what you want, it does not have to be beachy just because its near a beach.
  • Options
    jsimmjsimm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is a destination wedding for us, however, the only thing "beach" that we are doing, besides the ceremony on the beach, is our centerpieces.  We have come up with a motif that means something to us that we are using on the invitations, programs and all other paper products.  Hope that helps.  

Our colors are navy, sea green and DB's "Sangria" 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a nature theme for my wedding, "bluejays in trees", so the colors were shades of green and blue (the only blue, though, was the bluejays that we made into ornaments for favors).  Our cake had a bird's nest with two blue jays done up as bride and groom and the cake was light green with ivy wrapped around it.

I feel the same, the Cape is home to me, so being there was enough.  Plus our wedding was in late April so the beaches aren't really the focus at that time of year.  We got some pretty pictures down along the canal though; I love being near the water.

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011

My wedding is on a beach and I am not having a beach theme, I am just not a starfish and seashells kind of gal.  Probably the most "beach" aspect of our wedding is that one of the colors is navy blue.   Do what will make you happy and comfortable!

• Options
    amylee545amylee545 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We are incorporating a little bit of beachiness, but I don't want it to turn into the cliche cape cod wedding, you know? Our main colors are navy blue and light yellow, and our favor is going to be sand dollar sugar cookies. Other than that, I'm trying to keep it as cape-cod-cliche least as possible!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope! No theme here. We went with the colors and feel of the venue which made much more sense to me than a forced beach theme. Although, there are plenty of venues where a beach theme would fit perfectly! I have seen a lot of those sandy/beach fence cakes lately though. I had no idea they were so popular!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so happy I"m not the only one that feels this way.  Shells, starfish, litte stupid adirondack chairs are NOT COMING NEAR MY WEDDING!!!  That might sound harsh but I feel the same way you do - I'm getting married where I grew up, not to have a Cape Cod beachy wedding.  We aren't even doing beach wedding pictures. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards