Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Affordable Florists

Any suggestions for affordable florists would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Affordable Florists

• edited December 2011
    i used meredith fancy and thought her prices were reasonable and she worked within our budget, but other people on here seem to think she that she is more expensive (so while she's worth meeting with - she does beautiful work - you should meet with others to compare prices). I think Karen Bryden from Petals by the Sea is touted as being fantastic and affordable on this site, but I have no personal experience with her.
    hth
  • clage22clage22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be using Tammy from Casablanca Florals. She is reasonably priced and great to work with! This is her website: http://www.casablancaflorals.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also using Tammy from Casablanca... so far her prices seem reasonable!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Karen from Petals by the Sea. She definitely worked with our budget with no problem. However, there were a few things that were a little bit off on our wedding day-- bridesmaid bouquets were smaller than they were supposed to be, the boutineirres were the wrong flower, little things that weren't a big deal, but were still not quite right.

I would still recommend her, but in hind sight maybe we should have gone over ALL the details when we met a few weeks before the wedding. And I have to say the centerpieces were absolutely beautiful and exactly what I wanted.
  • Alexandra1976Alexandra1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi
    Karen from Petals by the Sea will be doing my flowers as she takes great pride in designing flower arrangements for a small budget to a large venue.  I don't understand the last comment made regarding a wedding with the wrong flower bouts as I know for a fact she has the Brides proposal right there as she is designing as I work for her part time.  As far as the size of her bouquets....when brides request Hydrangea.....if they are quoted with 3 stems she tries to make them all the same size and she has no control on the stem size that come from the distributor.  I feel she gives an excellent product for what she charges ...sometimes giving too much!  has great ideas and is very easy to work with.  Alexandra 
  • edited December 2011
    I went with Hobart's Florals, and so glad we decided on her. I met with her several times and you can tell she cares about what she's doing and wants to fulfill the bride's vision as close as possible. Out of the 3-4 florists we saw she was the most reasonable and was wonderful working with the budget we had in mind, which really put us at ease.

Had looked at Casblanca Florals also and sat down with Tammy, but after the interview we felt she wasn't right for us. We expressed what we were interested in and wanted to have, and while she seemed to get a general idea of what we liked, it felt as though she wanted to take it in another direction. While this may be great for someone who doesn't know what they really want for flowers or doesn't mind giving the florist free reign, it didn't seem like a good fit for us. At one point we mentioned how I would send her some more photos with a better idea of what I'd like to my taste and she made a comment that implied that she was the artist and wouldn't need to see anything else. For some reason I think this rubbed us the wrong way and wanted to make sure our florist was someone who would create the vision we wanted for our wedding. We also got some references from others and often got comments that it was either hit or miss. While this is just my experience, I'm sure many people have had wondferful success with her as well but I thought I would just make mention of my experience.
    Married June 26, 2010! | Wedding/For Sale Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards