Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Who's doing your church ceremony music?!!

Hi ladies-We still need to find music for the church!!! Can you share with me who you used/who you are using?!Thanks so much!Shannon

Re: Who's doing your church ceremony music?!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used a string duet that drove down from Cambridge, MA. It was a viola/cello combo (but they also perform as a trio or a quartet, I believe). The violist's name is Rose Wollman, and they were wonderful. Very talented and very affordable!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Elizabeth, I am using Katie Lynch Koglin too! I am meeting wiht her for the first time this weekend. I think the Harp is such a beautiful instrament and I hear she's amazing. Have you met with her yet? Her pricing was also super reasonable!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jen, my sister and I did go up to her house to hear her play. She is super sweet and the sound is amazing. She is more than willing to answer any questions you have. Let me know how it goes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you don't mind my asking, how much does Katie (the harpist) charge? I also need to find someone to play at our wedding. Was thinking organist, but a harpist would be really nice.

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kiki-For Katie to play at our wedding (as guests arrive, throughout ceremony, and as guests leave), the cost was $275. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Elizabeth, that is very helpful (and she is very reasonable)!

photo by Scott Metzger

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    She also offers additional options. Here is what she sent me: $275 - ceremony - harp $100 - ceremony - voice $325 - ceremony - harp and voice $150 - base price for additional musicians (ie. flute) $100 - per hour for additional music (ie. cocktail hour) $ 25 - outside $ 25 - change venue (ie. church to reception)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, this info is extremely helpful, thank you!

photo by Scott Metzger

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards