Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

What was your experience?

Hey - I'm a little new to all this so bare with me. My FI and I live in LA but are getting married in Sept. or Oct. 2010 on Cape Cod (he has family there and we go there all the time.) I am flying out to meet my Mom, sister and his Mom to look at possible ceremony/reception sites (he can't go because of work). We have a list of places we are seeing all over the Cape but was wondering if anyone out there had any advise for me, any places they saw that they loved, hated, things I shouldn't forget to ask etc. This all seems so daunting (not to mention very expensive). -Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

Re: What was your experience?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    First of all, congratulations! My FI and I are planning our Cape wedding from NJ, so, while not as far, we can understand something of the difficulty you are facing. Having a list of places you want to see is a great start. Which places are you looking at (and how big is your guest list)? It might help us if you shared your list and then people could chime in better with suggestions. Otherwise, there are a few previous posts where various places have been discussed; you could flip through the board if you have time before or during your trip. Are there any particular areas on the Cape you want to focus on? I'm getting married in the Upper Cape (near the canal) and having my reception at The Brookside Club in Bourne. It's a great place (especially if your budget is tight), but the other girls have great suggestions of other places farther in. I don't know who's using wedding planners or Day of Coordinators (I am not) but maybe you might find one really helpful since you're planning from so far away. Anyway, good luck with everything and let us know how we can best help you!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Options
    tink68113tink68113 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Connie and Angie from The Perfect Plan.  They were extremlly helpful.  I know the can go over your list and give you an idea of what will and will not work.  If you need anything or have any questions they won't mind answering them for you.  Some other brides on here have already used them, or will be  using them. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also recommend Connie from The Perfect Plan- she can definitely help you narrow done venue spots and save money. She also lets you customize your package so you can say to her- hey, i can't meet with florists can you spend 2 hours meeting with florists and then she'll charge you just for those two hours, etc. Could make far away planning much easier!
  • Options
    emh777emh777 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow - thanks everyone. I will def. comb through these boards and see what I come up with. Thanks for all the advise!!! -E
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recomend my venue Dennis Inn off of 6A in Dennis we had our wedding there in July 08 and it was amazing you get the Inn all to your self Friday/Saturday to really make a weekend out of it. They were just voted Best Place to have a wedding 2009 www.dennisinn.com Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally disagree with pp.  As a guest, I HATED the Dennis Inn.  There are much better places around!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    capebride2009capebride2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Dennis Inn is a great choice also - as you can tell from these boards everyone has their own idea of their perfect wedding and the best part about the Cape is that it has just about everything.  If you want to email me at capegal2@yahoo.com - I can give you my research since I did similar look this time last year...
  • Options
    ladyhugsladyhugs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, it's been a while since I've been on the knot. So this post may be coming to late. I knew I wanted a beach front wedding, so I went to Ocean Edge, Wychmere Harbor, Popponesset Inn/New Seabury, and Wequassett. I have some pictures I took when I went to see each. I'd be happy to send them your way if any of these is a place you were interested in. You can email me at Ladyhugsathotmail.com HTH
  • Options
    natalienorbutnatalienorbut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Los Angeles bride too!  We are getting married in Dennisport.  After hunting around I found the perfect place.http://www.seaviewcapecod.com/They only book 1 wedding per day so the whole venue is yours all day!  They are very helpful and do not charge a room fee! We are getting married on the beach across the street.  Good luck with your planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards