Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Vendor Review - Sposabella Bridal in Hyannis

Rating: FGirls, don't go here!  My dress came in 2 months later than promised and too small!!! Shop owner and workers are rude after you make the purchase. They won't call you to tell you your dress is running late and when you call them they act like you are bothering them.I drove out to the Cape from Rhode Island to buy a Rosa Clara dress since they are the only shop in New England to carry the Two line by Rosa Clara. Everyone who worked there was sweet as punch... at least until I gave them all of my money for the dress. I was told the dress would take 6 months to come in, on average and that would be the worst case scenario. They said in some cases they come in early. My dress was due for delivery in the beginning of June. I called in the last week of May to check on it and was literally laughed at over the phone and told, "Look we have you down for a June delivery these ARE NOT coming in early." I was flabbergasted. I called back mid June and was told my dress would not be in until July. When I called in July I was told August! My wedding is the second week of September and I started getting nervous. I bought this dress January 3! The dress came in on the last day of July and I drove all the way to the Cape to get it. I put it on and it was too small! I mean WAY TOO SMALL! There were about two inches of space between the two ends of the zipper. It fits in the stomach and the bust but not the rib cage... I seriously doubt that I gained weight there and no place else! They obviously never took that measurement or they somehow screwed it up. The owner acted like it was no big deal. What bothered me the most was the complete lack of empathy and high level of rudeness for the shop owner and the employees there. Had they called me and apologized letting me know that the manufacturer was running late with my dress I still would have been upset but I would have at least known what was going on and I would not have been upset with them. And when the dress didn't fit (I have actually lost weight since I bought it too) the shop owner could have at least acted like she gave a crap. This dress has been in high demand and I really think she gave my dress to another bride who ordered hers too late then ordered me another one so mine came in really late instead.After everything I went through there was no way I was getting alterations there (and it's a good thing because I looked at the price chart and it's $50 just to pin up the dress... not even to alter anything!) I'm hoping my seamstress can work some magic because now my wedding is in 4 weeks and I have a dress that came in late and too small so now I have no time to even wait for another. I'm hoping I have something to wear on my big day!Don't go here if you want a gown that actually fits you and you want it in time for your wedding!

Re: Vendor Review - Sposabella Bridal in Hyannis

• edited December 2011
    Can't tell you how many negative reviews I have heard about Sposabella.  When the owner renewed her wedding vows a Cape magizine did an article about it.  I went there and did her hair for free because she told me I'd get mentioned in the article.  Did I?  No!  No tip, no thank you card...nothing.  I also modeled in a bridal show for them and was supposed to get $$ toward a purchase there.  But when I got engaged shortly after she never said anything about the $$.  And she got mad that I got my dress somewhere else...not professional at all!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I totally agree and sympathize on the issue. I have ONE more fitting there and then I will be glad to be done. Luckily, I had my mom come with me to my last fitting. Normally I am really quiet and shy, but having my mom there to stick up for me was great. I just get the feeling that some of the ladies there have maybe been in the business too long to act excited for you. And that's a huge part of the industry... making a girl feel like a bride.
  • emh777emh777 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow - so sorry that happened to you - but thanks for helping get the word out to other brides. Hopefully you have helped other brides from going through this same mess. I hope everything works out with your new seamstress and she/he can work some magic!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • AlmondWhittleAlmondWhittle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a really good experience there when I bought my dress. The first time around I wasn't thrilled at the selection of dresses they had in my size, but the 2nd time I went I found a GREAT dress and the owner gave me the sale price even though the sale had ended, and the alterations were included which was nice. Granted, it was off the rack so I didn't have any worries about it coming in on time.I also got my BM dresses there. I had a different sales girl and she was a little rude. Not out right rude, but made a comment about the weight of one of my BMs that made her a little uncomfortable. I brought my FSIL in to get measured and she said she was really uncomfortable because she is a bigger size and the sales girl acted like it was hard to measure her. My BM dresses are supposed to be in the first week of september. The sales girl said she would call me when she placed the order to confirm the date and didn't. I am hoping all will go well because I was really happy about how things went when I bought my dress- they even stayed open a little late so I could run to the bank and come back and pay for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards