Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Renting a Cape Cod house for the wedding

We are looking to rent a house on the Cape for the wedding party, but we'd also like to have the have the wedding ceremony and reception there as well.Has anyone been to a wedding like this? If so, what were the details. Any info would be helpful as we are looking at a bunch of different venues, but we'd love this option.Thanks!

Re: Renting a Cape Cod house for the wedding

• edited December 2011
    For my July 08 wedding at the Dennis Inn, The bridal party stayed with us the whole weekend! It was great they have a pool you can use! Our reception was amazing there! www.dennisinn.com you stay up stairs, their are 2 bathrooms and it sleeps around 9
  • ladyhugsladyhugs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We considered doing this. The dilema is that Cape rentals go Sat.-Sat. so if you only want to rent for 1 week it can make it difficult to plan a wedding weekend. I do think that there are some nice houses that get used for this reason and may have more flexibility in rental time. I don't know them personally but I'm sure some girls on here would. You could also potentially contact one of the rental agencies.
  • edited December 2011
    www.weneedavacation.com is a great site for looking at rentals on the cape.  you can search by town and then narrow the search to how many people it sleeps, whether it is on or near the beach, etc.  most of the houses on their also have an availability calendar and a number of a person to call.  good luck!
  • Soon2BaMrsDSoon2BaMrsD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we had this same idea but ran into the Saturday-Saturday issue, along with many home owners who will not allow weddings/receptions at their homes, or charge a huge fee on top of the normal rental fee if you want to have a wedding there. There are some houses in Truro that seem like they were built mainly for weddings:truroadventures.com
  • sunflower20sunflower20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding planner, Connie Nye Clark specializes in private home rentals for weddings, she has great resources and insite into how to accomplish this.  Check out her website @ www.theperfect-plan.comGood Luck
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is just like this. We rented the Overbrook House, which in late summer and fall switches its rental schedule to run from Thursday-Thursday to accomodate weddings and other special events. The grounds are beautiful and the house sleeps 20. I'll let you know how it goes in a couple of weeks!
  • natalienorbutnatalienorbut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you from Los Angeles?  I am and I'm getting married next August in Dennisport.  I came across this location after I had found my reception site.  The house to the right has 7 bedrooms.  I have never been inside but the resort has been recently updated in a nice modern look.  Good Luck! http:/www.pelhamhouseresort.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards