Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Vendor reviews

Hope you find these helpful!Hair/makeup: Artisan Salon, Falmouth MA. B+Morgan, Felicia and the rest of the staff were wonderful.  I would give an A to the hair and makeup alone, as these came out really well on the day-of, although part of my hair wasn't pinned tightly enough and came out during the ceremony.  The lower grade is for the nails, which didn't come out quite as well.  They also don't have pedicure seats like a regular nail salon, so pedicures are on the waxing table as you lay down -- really uncomfortable.  I would definitely give the makeup an A+, though - Felicia was phenomenal.Flowers: Sue Hobart, Falmouth MA.  A-Sue did an amazing job with our flowers -- they were exactly as I'd wanted.  However, she's a bit difficult to get in touch with and plan with - sets deadlines for herself that she doesn't meet for finalizing contracts, doesn't respond to emails for days on end, etc.  She also didn't retrieve our altar vases from the church to the reception as she'd said she would, which wasn't a huge deal, but reflected her somewhat scatterbrained way of doing things.  Her prices and her delivery were first rate, though, and everything else was on time.  The bouquets were just gorgeous.Rehearsal dinner: The Flying Bridge, Falmouth MA. A+They are just phenomenal here.  I was nervous because of an impending hurricane and was told our dinner would be moved inside at the last minute - they did move us inside, but to the gorgeous deck area overlooking the harbor.  It was even nicer than I'd imagined, the food was amazing, and they had Guinness in mason jars!Reception: The Coonamessett Inn, Falmouth MA.  A+Again, phenomenal (same owners as Flying Bridge).  Brad was our coordinator and the reception was flawless.  Highly recommend the open seating/buffet stations option they offer, which everybody loved.  The food was outstanding, and the cake (they bake it) was so delicious.  My bridal suite was bigger than my apartment!  Can't recommend it enough!DJ: Rob Cushing (of Tom Tuttle DJs). ARob did a fantastic job.  While he didn't play as many of our "please plays" as I thought he might, I think it was because he accommodated requests from guests, which ultimately let everybody have a great time.  He definitely stood his ground on our "do not play" list and kept the dance floor packed the entire time.  Total professional, highly recommended.Ceremony musicians: Two of Us, East Bridgewater MA. ALea and David are a guitar/flute duo who played really beautiful versions of Beatles and Cat Stevens songs during our ceremony, as well as Pachelbel's canon and some hymns/alleluias.  Lea recommended beautiful religious songs and they easily played anything I suggested (including "All You Need is Love" as our recessional :).  David was pretty quiet and didn't provide many suggestions during our rehearsal with our vocalists, and I had thought Lea would be there, but otherwise we were thrilled with them.Other: Boston Photobooth Rental, Boston MA. AHaven't gotten our DVD of all the images yet, but the photo booth was set up great, they made a really awesome graphic for our photo strip, etc.  They were super responsive as well.  I recommend this to anyone looking for a really fun and unique way to give your guests favors.Church: St. Patrick's Church, Falmouth MA. A+It's odd to grade a church, but I had to mention how flexible St. Patrick's was compared to other Catholic churches I have heard about.  It was wonderful to be able to walk down the aisle to Beatles songs, and many churches wouldn't have allowed that.  They were exceptional.

Re: Vendor reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards