Massachusetts-Cape Cod

HELP! Any DJ or floral recommendations for Martha's Vineyard?

I can't seem to get anywhere trying to find reviews for DJs on the vineyard. Has anyone heard anything?As for flowers, I have a meeting with Dandeneau Flowers but that's it. I was told to stay away from Donaroma's because their quality has dropped quite a bit recently.Thoughts?

Re: HELP! Any DJ or floral recommendations for Martha's Vineyard?

• edited December 2011
    Hi Linds,I am so excited to see another Vineyard bride here!! I got married there last year and I can not rave enough about every one of my vendors. Feel free to peruse my bio....Where are you getting married? We got married at the Beach Plum Inn in Menemsha so we chose Flowers on the Vineyard by Louise Sweet because she had the gorgeous organic island feel we wanted to see echoed in our flowers next to our venue. She was amazing.For our DJ we had to go really last minute because our band accidentally double booked up but we were thrilled with Jeff from The Sound Choice. Our dance floor was packed all night long and every kept shouting for one more song long after last dance.If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask! Hope this helps.
  • LindsDevLindsDev member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Meaghan! Thank you SO much! I will absolutely check out your bio! It seems like most brides are doing Cape weddings so I am so glad to see you on here! The wedding is at the Federated Church in Edgartown and our reception is at the Winnetu. Can't wait to get more recommendations from you!Lindsay
  • edited December 2011
    I know! I feel like there are verrry few Vineyard brides aorund these parts :( I see you are getting married in June. I just love June on the Vineyard. I don't know much about Winnetu but I just love Edgartown. We stayed at the Hob Knob Inn a few times when we visited the island for planning and I highly recommend it. Keep me updated on how you are doing!
  • hminer4hminer4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi!
    I am a vineyard bride too and need to find a florist. I was thinking about Dandeneau; did you have your meeting with her yet? Did she give you an estimate??? I am trying to finalize my budget and don't have a clue what to estimate for flowers. I am getting married at Our Lady Star of the Sea in OB and we're having our reception at the East Chop Beach Club. Glad to hear that Jeff Pratt worked out because we were thinking of hiring him since we don't really have a ton of room for a band. Any advice is always appreciated!

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards