Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Casual Gourmet cake?

Has anyone gotten their cake here? I have to use them for mine (per my venue) and I'm hoping they won't blow my budget out!! The pictutres that I've seen are beautiful, but I'd feel better hearing if they taste good or not! Thanks

Re: Casual Gourmet cake?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used them and their cake is amazing! I think it was around $4 a slice if I remember correctly?? Can vary with what options you want. But the cake was definitely great and decorated just as we wanted.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ive heard nothing but good things - we did tastings there when we were deciding between two venues. My fiancee LOVED their mousse fillings! I talked to a lot of people who really, really loved their cake from the Casual Gourmet, and I thought that a lot of their designs were really, really nice. We ended up going to Kondeitermeister, because they are the preferred vendor for the venue we eventually chose. I don't think we could have gone wrong at either bakery - but I will say that both the wedding cake and groom's cake that we eventually decided on was heaven on a fork :) One thing I did hear, however, from one venue was that the Casual Gourmet's portions are on the small side. If a cake is going to serve 150, for example, they are 150 rather small pieces. May be OK, as not everyone always wants cake - but just something to be aware of. Also, in our case - I didnt price out Casual Gourmet, but Kondeitermeister's cake is included in our package. Obviously its a smaller selection of designs, etc. - but we came out with a beautiful design that I really liked working within that framework. I'm sure that they can do something similar for you -- I'd suggest talking to the Casual Gourmet to work out details of getting something beautiful that represents what you want within your budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a Casual Gourmet cake at our wedding 2 weeks ago and it was fabulous. Heard lots of comments from guests saying it was one of the tastiest cakes they'd had at a wedding. We got a 3-tier for 75 guests, and the slices they served were definitely not too small. They were quite generous, I thought. We had a fair amount leftover as well, including the top tier. Between family members and ourselves, it was all gone within 2 days. I will say that I was a little underwhelmed by the final cake design. I cgose one that had cherry blossoms snaking up the side and onto the top, just had them change the color of the flowers to our color scheme. It looked a little plain, but that could just be the design. I only saw a picture of that design in their book so perhaps had I seen a full-size replica, I would have seen that it was on the plain side. But they do seem to master in the beach-themed cake, so if you're going that route, you probably will be happy.
  • Options
    acg5acg5 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got our cake from Casual Gourmet and we loved it! Everyone was commenting on how delicious and beautiful it was. We were very happy with the end result. Ours was $4.75/person. It was 4 tiers for 155 people. We had white cake with buttercream filling on two of the tiers and a marble cake with a mocha filling on the other two. The price went up when we chose the marble cake and mocha filling. You can check out our cake in my Mrs link if you want to see the size of the slices and cake. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!!! I am feeling much better now. We are going in on the 31st to discuss the details. We really can't wait to taste!! Especially now!!! Thanks again :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to mention what kind we got, 2 tiers of lemon cake with lemon filling - sounds a little overwhelming, but it was amazing - and 1 tier of chocolate cake with raspberry filling. And we went with the beach themed cake. Loved it!
  • Options
    birchie27birchie27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to use them too. they are doing all the food for my wedding at the Pavillion at the Captains. i have had casual gormet cake before and it was so good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards