Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Documentary/ Photojournalistic Photographer

Hi everyone-- Looking for a photographer and I really want someone with an artistic flare (not just the posed shots) that can capture natural moments. Can't be too obtrusive and no one that dresses to crazy (I went to a wedding once and the photographer was dressed like a hippie!). I particularly like photojournalistic/ documentary styles and want to spend less than $6000. Any suggestions? PS The style I love is ABryanPhoto.com but hes down south and costs over $11000.

Re: Documentary/ Photojournalistic Photographer

• edited December 2011
    Channing Johnson, Lisa Rigby, Bello Photo all seem like they could work for you.  I looked at all three in the planning process, they are all talented and all have have a photo-journalistic style.  Bello might be right around the top of your budget, but the other two are definitely under.
  • edited December 2011
    I've seen Channing Johnson's work and was blown away. A good friend did my photos, by Channing would have gotten my hire otherwise. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    you girls are brilliant!  I love channing!   Now to cross my fingers that he my date open!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! We hired Ashley O'Dell for our photographer. She is very artistic and an absolute blast to work with. She's definitely in your price range. We just had our engagement photos done the other day: http://blog.aodell.com/2009/heather-steve-engaged/
  • edited December 2011
    I used Kristen Leigh Conklin (www.kristenleighconklin.com) who is based on the Vineyard but will travel to the Cape.  She was excellent, and I think her style is very similar to what you are looking for.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards