Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

10-18-09 Wedding Reviews (long!)

While I didn't post all that much, review were super helpful to me, so I hope i can help others with mine!We had a wet, windy, rainy day and I was so sad in the morning, but really at the end of the day you are getting married no matter what, so don't let it ruin your day at all.  We never look at the rain the same way again!Church-South Chatham Community Church- A+ - Pastor Bob and Sue Baker run this small church (holds about 100 ppl) and they are wonderful.  Super flexiable with the ceremony, time, etc.  I will consider them friends for life.Reception - Chatham Bars Inn A+ - Rick Was my orignal planner there, and he left 4 days prior to the wedding so Clarissa took over.  I am glad Rick left because I found him overbearing and rude.  We only had 40 people so I expressed to him I didn't want a typical wedding feel with the round tables.  he always said no problem and so we planned the flowers, centerpieces around it.  Friday before the wedding (which was Sunday) we met with Clarissa to go over everything and do a walk thru.  She said that she didn't have the tables or room to do the set-up I wanted.  I was so upset and got a bit crazy and my FI had to into superman mode and fix it.  She said she would work it all out and not to worry.  Well she went ABOVE and BEYOND.  After we left she went herself and rented the tables she would need to set it up like I wanted and it was PERFECT.  I had no idea she did that until my DH told me at the end of the night.  She didnt charge us for a thing and she really made our vision come to life.  I know if we had Rick it would not have happened.  The food was outstanding, the service was excellent and we look forward to visiting CBI for every anniversity. They also let us bring in our own  for FREE! wine and champagne for a $10 corkage fee, saving a lot of money.  And they made our cake which was awesome!  No extra charge- 3 tier and so good!!!  Last, they let us use their Trolley for FREE!  it picked us up at the church and dropped us off at our rental house at the end of the night-it was great!  If you choose CBI for your venue, don't fret it will be perfect.Make-up, Angela @ Heathers Hairport, Harwich A+ - She was fantastic.  Came right to the house in Chatham we were getting ready at.  I was the only one getting my make-up done and it was a Sunday and she had no problems with it.  I searched high and low for someone and I found her the week before the wedding, and she was wonderful.Hair-my personal hairdresser from RIPhotographer -Clare Norton, Snapshots by Clare A+ - Clare works all over New England and was great.  I had a teaser shot the next night which was super fun!  She offered to go out in the rain to get shots of us standing on the porch at CBI and was a tropper with the rain.  www.snapshotsbyClare.net is her blog to see the teaser pics (Jessica and Nick).Flowers - Flowers By Semia A++++ - There are not enough plus marks for her.  Semia is based out of RI, but travels.  I have been using her for years for any floral arrangement that I need.  She is young, creative and great to work with.  She just gets it.  I knew I wanted a bouquet like hers that she had for her spring wedding, but knew some of the flowers were not going to be available..well somehow she got them.  And my bouquet was HUGE it must have weighed 15lbs, no lie.  When they brought it in, I cried like a fool and I will always be so grateful to her for creating it for me.  The rest of our flowers were amazing as well.  They did an fantastic job with the floral centerpieces incorporating them with the other hurrican vases we had and did a great job with everything.  People say she is a bit pricy, but I really think that it was the best money I spent for the entire wedding.DJ - US  we did the IPOD wedding and it was great.  I had a little trouble the day before getting the list all together, but it was well worth the savings.  We also only had 40 people, so it was a perfect vibe for us.  We just started our first dance and everyone caught on, didn't have intros ( I didn't want them) and the best man just cling clinged his glass to start the speeches.  It was fantastic. We bought a Bose radio that we now have to enjoy in our house!Ceremony & Cocktail hour Musicians - Occasional Brass & Strings, contact Bryan Hillard A+ - I contacted them about a month before the wedding, he reduced the price and was super easy to work with, lots of great suggestions.  We were 1/2 hr late to the ceremony (long story) and they played with no problems, that caused us to be late to the reception where they played too and we extended the cocktail hour and they stayed and played no problem.  My DH gave them more money, but they never asked for it and he was great.  I actually listened to the music as I walked down the aisle and it was nice-be sure to do this!!Rehersal Dinner - Ardeo Catering, Brewster -B - They delivered right to the house we rented.  There was a ton of food and it was good.  My complaints were that I asked it to be delivered @ 6pm and they set it up so we eat right away (while it is hot).  They came at 5pm and so we didn't have them open everything and when we ate @ 6 it was still hot, but it was an inconvience.  Also they forgot the baked scrod and it was the ONLY thing I wanted.  Although there was plenty of food, it was excellent and we had leftovers all weekend.Rental House- Our Great Gatsby, chatham A+ www.OurgreatgastbyCapeCod.com We rented a big house that slept 18 and it was great.  We had people come in and out all weekend and it was fun.  we partied Friday and saturday night and didn't have to go anywhere.  it was great!  They also allow you to have weddings there on the lawn.  I put the website on our invites to our friends who were staying with us and it was neat because they could see the house and floor plan.Invites - Me! We only needed to send out 28, so it was not bad, my mom and sister helped, took a fews days but worth the savings.Overall it was a great day.  It does go by fast, so enjoy it.  I planned the entire wedding in 3 months, so it can be done and it is not too stressful.  I did have my dress and the girls dresses for a year before ( I jumped the gun on that one!) but it was nice not to stress for a year over it.  My advice is not to let the wedding planning take over your life because it is over in a day but the marriage lasts forever :)I will post pics when I have some!email me if you have questions jessicaayo23@yahoo.comGood luck planning!Jess

Re: 10-18-09 Wedding Reviews (long!)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Isn't Clarissa the best?  I loved working with her...she was always so calm! :)  Congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for reviewing CBI - I'm getting married there next August and working with Clarissa. It's nice to know she went above and beyond for the wedding. Congratulations, Jess!!
  • Options
    cal0381cal0381 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for post!  We are getting married next August too. We originally were working with Rick and now will be working with Clarissa...I have heard great things and am happy to hear she was so great!  Sounds like you had a fabulous wedding...congrats!
  • Options
    aredikerarediker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!! I was actually married at CBI the week before you (10.10) :). I worked with Rick and while I can see why you might of found him rude, in the end he really did go above and beyond for our wedding. He let us use the trolley for free as well, gave us a free food tasting, gave the bridal table an $800 bottle of wine for free (we never asked for it, he just gave it to us), changed the wines for our rehearsal dinner to top dollar wines (including ice wines) and didn't charge us extra, gave us a campfire with s'mores and mulled cider for free, helped with our timeline and made the day flow extremely well, when I got purple ink on my dress he had a shout wipe for me within a minute, when we couldn't find our ketubah (Jewish marriage document), he got on his phone, said we had a ketubah crisis (we thought this was funny), and with a minute he had found it for us in my car. I know Rick is no longer at CBI so there is almost no point for me saying all of this, but he just went way beyond our expectations so I didn't want him to be left with a bad rep ;). We couldn't of been more pleased with the services we received from Rick and CBI. To all those getting married at CBI, you definitely won't be disappointed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards