North Carolina
Options

Charlotte photographers

So.. I'm hoping to start doing more posting on this site now that the school year is winding down and I'll be making the big move south to live with my FI... can't believe how fast the year has gone by--but will be nice to save money on flights to see eachother! I've gotten started on the whole planning process but figure I can save the majority of it for when I actually live in the same state as where we'll be getting married--thinking it will be a bit easier!

At the end of this month we will be meeting with a few different photographers to talk with them, look at some of their pictures from past weddings, and see if they would be a good fit with us.  I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for questions that we should definitly ask--I have a list started but thought I'd check here to see if I was missing anything.. Also, has anyone by chance used any of the following photographers or know of someone who has and can share their thoughts--feel free to send me a PM

Carisa Chee Photography
Elaine McDonald Photography
Amanda Eller Photography

I appreciate any help you can give--THANK YOU! And I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone on this board! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Charlotte photographers

• Options
    MBS0310MBS0310 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I checked out this site and found that the majority of my questions were on it but there were also a few new ones to add--definitely helped with the wording! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bellamisto43bellamisto43 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!  This (and the planner) were the things I had the most trouble deciding on.  Actually, our planner planned a recent wedding shot by Carisa Chee (http://carisachee.com/blog/?p=485) and I thought she did a great job!  Becca (our planner of Rebecca Rose Events) had wonderful things to say about her as a photographer as well!

A few of our big ones:
    -will you be shooting more than one wedding on our wedding day/weekend?
    -will our pics be available to us in digital format for reprinting, etc?
    -how many shooters, hours included?
    -travel fee is a big one!
    -professional training
    -# of weddings recently shot
    -references

Best of Luck!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice! I'm happy to hear they both had good things to say about her... the photographer is such a big part of the day I want to be sure we pick a good one!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    http://www.greysonsteelephotography.com/ Dawn is AWESOME! you will love her & her work!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Joseph Sides at Connection Photography is really good and also John Huneycutt at Huneycutt Photography.  Both of these guys are located east of Charlotte but they both photograph weddings in the Charlotte area regularly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards