Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Old Sea Pines Inn

Hey ladies -

After much snooping around and seeing what venues have been used for a Cape wedding, FI and I found Old Sea Pines Inn in Brewster that we found to be really approrpiate and affordable for a guest list of 60-ish. I've looked at the older posts on this place, but can anyone tell me their opinion of it, or if they have checked it out? It looks really cute from the pics, and the price they ask for is awesome .. so I almost wonder where the catch is, haha.

Also, if you know of any places that are similar, please feel free to mention them! I'm visiting my mom in Harwich in 2 weeks and would like to have at least 2 places we can check out while I'm there so we can set a date!

Thanks! xox
Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone

Re: Old Sea Pines Inn

• edited December 2011
    I haven't actually looked at either, but I think Captain Linnell House has a similar feel to Old Sea Pines. Both get good comments here on the boards. We never looked because FI wanted a golf course but they were on my list otherwise.
  • edited December 2011
    i checked out the Old Sea Pines Inn.... It was ADORABLE. The secret garden area where they have the ceremony is what makes it.  The porches are so amazing and really extend the areas where you and your guests can socialize.

One thing I noticed when we visited, though, was there isnt really much of a dance space. Also, they have a lminimum of 85 people for Saturday weddings. And you have to do a Sunday AFTERNOON wedding if you will be doing it in the Summer, because they have dinner theater Sunday nights up untill Colombus day.

Good luck!
  • snadler3489snadler3489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_old-sea-pines-inn-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:94Discussion:19f577a2-7562-458d-93b8-7ce185d7629ePost:30a777bf-f666-40a3-b427-a381d06ba4fd">Re: Old Sea Pines Inn</a>:
    [QUOTE]i checked out the Old Sea Pines Inn.... It was ADORABLE. The secret garden area where they have the ceremony is what makes it.  The porches are so amazing and really extend the areas where you and your guests can socialize. One thing I noticed when we visited, though, was there isnt really much of a dance space. Also, they have a lminimum of 85 people for Saturday weddings. And you have to do a Sunday AFTERNOON wedding if you will be doing it in the Summer, because they have dinner theater Sunday nights up untill Colombus day. Good luck!
    Posted by catmoir[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the great info! The place sounds even more perfect now actually, haha. We are already planning on doing a Sunday brunch, so that knocks out any complications. Also, we are only having about 50-60 people so dance space is not really an issue (hopefully) .. also because it's a Sunday brunch sort of thing, we're not sure what we're doing as far as music goes ......

Thank you so much!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    i got married at capt linnell house - there were a lot of little stressful issues that came up (including them trying to change the price per person the last 2 weeks before the wedding - other people corroborated that it happened to them as well). my wedding was beautiful, but if i could have used a venue that was less of a hassle and just as nice, i would have.

my SIL used to say that the best wedding she ever went to was at old sea pines (before her and our weddings, of course ;)
  • jsimmjsimm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Old Sea Pines Inn Next week... So obviously I will have more details for you after that.  We are having 50 guests, with a Saturday afternoon Reception (12-4).  We don't drink, and don't really care about dancing.  Also, I am from PA and ALL of my guests will be out of town.  I managed to get a room block and a majority of my guests are staying here.  

The Innkeeper is wonderful with booking rooms for people- she goes over the pricing, and which of the three buildings you might want to stay in.  (There are 3: the main house, which is a very traditional bed and breakfast, a more modern building with tvs and cozy rooms- suite style, and the final building is one floor, almost retreat style rooms.  This building also has tvs).  

Also, the wedding coordinator has been wonderful.  Throughout this whole process  I have been able to email her with any questions.  The second we get to the Cape next week, she will basically take over and set up everything.  We are also doing our rehearsal dinner here (for all of our guests); the ceremony however is on the beach so we will not be using the gardens.  

I hope this helps!  Again, I will have more information in 2 weeks after the wedding.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • snadler3489snadler3489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LewisC - Yikes - that sounds like a lot of hassle. Thanks for the warning! quite frankly, my heart is already set on Old Sea Pines Inn =P I'm glad you SIL said that - thanks for the input!

JSimm - I'm SO glad you responded; I was hoping maybe someone who is getting married there could give me some insight on the place. My family drinks but champage is totally fit for us, which is what they offer. I'm not sure what to do about dancing as it will be a brunch sort of thing .. I'm playing that by ear. I didn't know they had additional buildings, so that's great because FI and I currently live in TN, as well as all his friends and family, and all of my family (except my mom and grandparents) are in NY so everyone will need to stay somewhere. What exactly was required to get a room block? And I too was thinking about doing the rehearsal dinner there but wasn't sure if that would be too redundant ..Please keep me posted on how everything went! And congrats to you!! May I ask where you are having your ceremony?? I was wondering if anyone every just did their ceremony on the beach and then went there for their reception..
  • jsimmjsimm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OP- We're having the ceremony at Linnell Landing Beach.  Turn left out of the parking lot, and drive about 5 minutes.  There are a handful of beaches along the way, so anything would work.  As for a room block, I would get in touch with Donna (the wedding coordinator) as she will get you started.  Michelle, the innkeeper, will then be the one to talk to about the rooms.  When you're finally ready, just give her a call.  We initially had an 8-room block and that wasn't enough.  We bumped it to 12 or 15.  That was almost hard for them to give up, but oh well.  Also, I believe that in season, or even just out of season there is at least a 3 night minimum.  Thats one of the reasons why we are doing the RD there- everyone will already be there so no one has to travel again.  

I'll definitely keep you posted as to how the weekend goes.  And feel free to ask any other questions!  Best of luck in planning
  • klnewk81klnewk81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!

I just got married at the Old Sea Pines on 9/19.  We had a Sunday afternoon wedding-12 to 4:30.  Our guest count was 53 and we had plenty of room on the dance floor.  We used the garden for the ceremony and let me tell you, that was my favorite part of the day.  It is so pretty back there and it was just perfect for our size crowd!  The wedding coordinators, Donna and Lindsey, have been great to work with, as I planned my wedding from long distance too (Alaska).  The Sea Pines took care of all the details so I had nothing to worry about on the wedding day!  I'm not sure what other information you are interested in, but if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at KELLYL241999 at yahoo dot com.  I love the Sea Pines and would highly recommend them!!!
  • Carlita2011Carlita2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone,

I am newly engaged and we're just starting to investigate venues for our summer/fall 2011 wedding. (It feels like we are a little late for next year so the pressure is on!) Old Sea Pines looks beautiful but I'm concerned there won't be enough space for our 150 guests. Has anyone been to a larger event there? Is the dance floor too small for 150? We are a dancing crowd!

We love the idea of a historical inn, but it's tough to find a place that can comfortable fit 150...? We saw Linnell House but felt too constrained by the package and set-up. Does anyone have other recommendations for venues like this on the Cape/South Shore?

• jsimmjsimm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's a sort of abreviated review of the Old Sea Pines for our wedding last week that I promised... 

Rob and I arrived on Wednesday afternoon.  Innkeeper Steve (the owner Michelle's husband) was there.  He was awesome.  Right away he knew who we were and started talking about our wedding day meal.. what to stuff the sirloin with etc.  He's known as the "Jolly Innkeeper"  Steve told us countless times to call if we needed ANYTHING after hours.  "I work out problems better at night."  

Thursday, before our families arrived, we had OOT "bags" to hand out to the guests.  I sat with Michelle and Donna and lined up names and bags.  They took care of delivering all of them.  Michelle always had a smile on her face when greeting my guests.  Donna and I also had a quick meeting, running through the weekend; then I took her into the Bridal Room and talked/walked her through everything.  Yes there were a lot of elements in my wedding, but she handled everything and did not miss a beat.  

Friday night we had our Rehearsal dinner, for all of our guests.  Lindsay (the assistant coordinator) was great.  We didn't have to worry about a thing.  Anytime I needed anything, Lindsay was right there ready to take care of it.  The food was delicious on Friday.  We had a buffet BBQ... sooo good.  The RD was in the antique dining room.  

Saturday was the wedding.  We were up and ready to go; Donna was moving long before I was!  Again, she took care of everything.  If I needed anything, or whatever she was right there.  They all know what they're doing!  The food on Saturday was even better than we could have imagined.  Chicken and Sirloin as a family style which was the perfect way to go for our group.  

We only had 50 guests, and used the white porch (the breakfast room).  We actually did have enough dance room; I didn't think we were quite the crowd to dance, but BOY did the GM pull it out.  

Overall, our experience at Sea Pines was awesome and I give it a 10!  

Also, immediately following Rob and Mine's checkout Saturday night, they had to turn things around and prepare for another RD and wedding on Saturday night and Sunday.  

Please feel free to shoot me your questions!  I will post my full review hopefully this weekend.  
  • allisong23allisong23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_old-sea-pines-inn-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:94Discussion:19f577a2-7562-458d-93b8-7ce185d7629ePost:2c5a6aef-f60c-4a10-b19e-b07707a32949">Re: Old Sea Pines Inn</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Everyone, I am newly engaged and we're just starting to investigate venues for our summer/fall 2011 wedding. (It feels like we are a little late for next year so the pressure is on!) Old Sea Pines looks beautiful but I'm concerned there won't be enough space for our 150 guests. Has anyone been to a larger event there? Is the dance floor too small for 150? We are a dancing crowd! We love the idea of a historical inn, but it's tough to find a place that can comfortable fit 150...? We saw Linnell House but felt too constrained by the package and set-up. Does anyone have other recommendations for venues like this on the Cape/South Shore? Thanks :)
    Posted by Carlita2011[/QUOTE]

Check out the Dennis Inn. We had our weddig there and it was PHENOMENAL. PM me for details.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards