Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Wedding Dress Shop Help

Hi, I am getting married next August and wanted suggestions on good shops, on the cape and in Massachusetts in general, to start my search for a wedding dress. I want to find a place that has a good variety of dress that work well for a beach wedding that are very reasonably priced- read under $1,000. Any suggestions on places to schedule appointments? Thanks!

Re: Wedding Dress Shop Help

• bamacbeanbamacbean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Meredith's Bridal Boutique in Scituate, MA. She has dresses there with all different price ranges. Also, Country Weddings in Hingham, MA is great. The girls at both boutiques are so helpful and so nice.
    Trevor and Brittany
  • shoreshotz1shoreshotz1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sharon check out JCrew weddings & White House Black Market for some gorgeoups beach dress ideas (o;
  • edited December 2011
    I found my dress at sposabella. I went in to look and ended up with a dress.
    They were super nice and not pushy AT ALL. I would recommend giving it a look.

http://www.sposabellabridals.com/

Good luck
  • edited December 2011
    i think sposabella has gotten mixed reviews on here (I just remember reading a bride or two's panic about the dress not being ordered in the right size and/or coming really late so that alterations were rushed). another place is chantilly's, which is also in hyannis, and which gets better customer service-related reveiws.
  • edited December 2011
    I second Meredith's Bridal!  I got my dress there when they still had their store in Mashpee, so I haven't seen the new place, but they were so nice and had beautiful dresses!
  • HelenaDuvallHelenaDuvall member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just bought my dress yesterday at Sposabella Bridal in Hyannis. It is gorgeous. They are having a big sample sale this month. I got an awesome deal. I thought it was a pretty shop with lots of beautiful dresses. The woman wasn't pushy or anything. I didn't expect to find the perfect dress on my first shopping trip, but I did! Yeah me!! I would give them a shot. I read some bad things about a lot of shops and you never know until you go for yourself. Have fun shopping!!
  • edited December 2011
    I tried Chantillys- Very nice, but I wanted to see more Maggie dresses, and ended up buying from Shear Style bridal and Gift in Attleboro...
  • edited December 2011
    I just got an email that New York Lace in Taunton is having a Bridal Bash for a cure at the Holiday Inn in Taunton Nov. 20. Says the dresses are 40-70%off. I went here and they had a pretty nice selection but I ended up finding my dress at a different shop. Figured I would share this since its for a good cause and you might be able to get a great dress at a discounted price!! You have to pre register so not sure how many people will be there, but might be worth checking out.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the advice, I might check out NY Lace sale.
    Appreciate all the help!
  • eeshieldseeshields member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what part of MA you live in, but I got my dress at Terry's Bridal in Norwood.  I really wanted to purchase from an independent bridal shop as opposed to a chain.  I saw a few negative reviews when I was reading them over, but I have been really happy with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards