Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Photo Booth - anyone have one/going to have one?

I've been trying to figure out a favor for the wedding, and something I'd really love to do is have a photo booth... I was just curious to know if anyone else had/will have one during their wedding as well, and if so what company did you use, how much did it cost, and how was the service? Any information would be appreciated - thanks!
Married June 26, 2010! | Wedding/For Sale Bio

Re: Photo Booth - anyone have one/going to have one?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This was also something I wanted to do, unfortunately I have yet to find a company that is anywhere near the Cape.  Those that I did contact were charging over $2000 because of extra travel time to get to Yarmouth.  I love the idea, just not for $2000.....

I contacted New England Photo Booth and Boston Photo Booth, and then I got discouraged and stopped.  If you find someone who isn't going to charge a ridiculous amount of money, I would LOVE to hear about it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i looked into it, and was also very discouraged.  I talked to my photographer, and we're going to do a modified version of it.  For about two hours of the reception, he'll have a dedicated area behind pipe and drape that will have all sorts of props (we're providing), and people can have their pics taken. 

Obviously, you miss the immediacy of seeing your photos as they come out of the machine ... but I think it will still give us some shots that are worth having, even if we can't see them until we get our pics back.  My friends who know about it are pretty excited - which I think is what matters! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard of people making their own photobooth with a tripod, a digital camera, and a photo printer (with a friend helping to run it all, or, as mentioned in pp, a photog...but a friend is usually less expensive...).
    Weddingbee has a number of DIY setups well documented.
    I marry my best friend in... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, that's not encouraging to hear :( I was going to look into Shutterbooth Boston but if the cost jumps way up that's not realistic for me either, they're already expensive enough as is....
    Married June 26, 2010! | Wedding/For Sale Bio
  • Options
    Kylamc01Kylamc01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We decided to get a photo booth and booked with VMC services on the recommendation of the wedding planner at the Popponesset. They're out of Dedham, but we booked for $850 for 5 hours. The guy we talked to, I think his name was Michael Lennon (and the contract has a Jeannie Lennon on it, so I think it's a family company) was super nice and totally accommodating. You can email him at info@vidmanco.com. We're not getting married until September, so I can't tell you anyone how it works out until then! Hope this helps!
  • Options
    lisa_jlisa_j member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out www.ineedthebluecube.com.  It looks like a really cool concept and all my communications with the photographer have been great.  I haven't seen the thing in person yet, but I think he's showing it at bridal shows and functions.   I'm thinking about it for my wedding in November...we'll see if budget allows :)
    Good luck and congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards