Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Poppponesset

Hi there! Has anyone had their wedding at Popponesset? I'm looking for a former bride who can tell me how it all went. I'm a little concerned about the lack of air conditioning so was wondering if anyone thought it was too hot in the tent. Any info would be great! Thanks so much!

Re: Poppponesset

• edited December 2011
    I have been to a few summer weddings there and every time the breeze off the ocean was more than enough to cool every one down. Hope this helps!
  • suzfoldsfivesuzfoldsfive member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That totally helps, thank you!!
  • pudge27pudge27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess it's a matter of opinion. I went to a day wedding there Memorial Day Weekend and it was a beautiful clear day (high 70's/low 80's) and it was a bit stuffy inside in the tent and not much of a breeze. I can only imagine what it would be like in June, July and August.
  • edited December 2011
    My friend got married there towards the end of June, during that heat wave we had on the east coast. I couldn't go, but she did say it was hot but everyone was still dancing. Hers was during the day, not evening. She has an awesome picture of herself with the DJ's fan blowing up her dress to cool herself down.
  • jeniboujenibou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married there in May and ended up with really nice weather, mid 70's and everything was great.  I can't really say what would happen in August but I would think you get a great breeze since you are right on the water...it is such a great location, I think your guests will love the spot (even if they get a little hot)!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards