Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Waterfront venues

Hi there- I'm from the Cape originally and am looking into some waterfront venues- some of the places I am planning on touring are Orleans Inn, Lighthouse Inn, Crosshair- Ocean Edge and CBI are too pricey for me- any other suggestions, something non-traditional I may not have thought of? Thanks!!

Re: Waterfront venues

• Options
    tara214tara214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what type of wedding you are looking for but my cousin had her wedding at The Beachmoor in Buzzard's Bay, they are right on the water, technically not on the cape though. However, The Beachmoor only does day weddings but their prices are really reasonable. My FI were looking for waterfront venues that were not pricey also but we did not want to do a day wedding, we ended up going with The Brookside Club in Bourne, not on the water but has some waterviews on a clear day. 

Good Luck in your search!
  • Options
    BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im having my wedding at the harbor point restuarant in cummaquid. They dont have a website but they have a gorgeous view!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will check out Harborpoint! I am thinking of an afternoon wedding going late into the evening... I know this limits my choices a bit!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Beachmoor will actually do an evening wedding on Fri or Sun for no extra fee and will do a Sat. night wedding for an extra fee. Call and ask for Rita, she's very helpful! Good luck!
  • Options
    erocks22erocks22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Wychmere Harbor.  They were just acquired by Longwood Events (Belle Mer etc) so not sure what their prices are like now, but I was married there last summer and it was awesome...water view, beach access and the people and event planners are wonderful. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wychmere is gorgeous, but has a 50K minimum for evening weddings, and that's just not happening for us, budget wise!

Really hoping to find an inn/hotel- a lot of great ideas above and am looking into them- thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Harbor Point is very budget friendly & they do 6 hour time blocks. My wedding is going to be from 5pm - 11pm. They are really nice too!!!! Also hemispheres in Sandwich(you can actually do your ceremony right on the beach in front of the resaurant) Hope it helps!
  • Options
    amylee545amylee545 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I have been looking for waterfrontn venues as well... we're on a tight budget though. The places we're looking into are the Falmouth yacht club, The flying bridge in Falmouth, The Aqua Grille in Sandwich, and Hemisphere's in Sandwich. All are very budget friendly! We have yet to go and visit, but what we've seen online and from our research, all seem like very beautiful venues!

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    cdream05cdream05 member
    edited December 2011
    We got married @ Harbor Point and absolutely loved it!! :)
  • Options
    amylee545amylee545 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Bunscheer, do you have any information on the harbour point? I would actually like to take a look at this place as well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They dont have a website, but if you are in the area definatly make an appointment to stop by, its well worth it! The phone number is 508-362-2231. Ive been dealing with Bob & he is amazing!!! HTH 
  • Options
    cdream05cdream05 member
    edited December 2011
    Bob was great!! :) We got married june 5th there :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to call Bob and go have a look- thanks so much!

AmyLee, I'm from Sandwich and have eaten loads of times at both Hemisphere, and Aqua Grille- Hemisphere is a great location for a more casual wedding

Aqua Grill- I hadn't thought of a wedding there- they have views of the Canal, and it's a cool place with great food, so can see that'd work out nicely, too! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AmyLee- we checked out Flying Bridge. I really loved the location and the room was newly renovated. We are looking for something a little more secluded since it is directly in the middle of Falmouth Harbor and also we wanted a place for all our guests to stay on location. Good luck! 
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards