Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Lodging

Hey - anyone that has gotten or is getting married in Sandwich or the surrounding areas - what hotels, B & Bs, and/or Inns did you block off rooms at?  Any places to avoid?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

Re: Lodging

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're booked at the Quality Inn.  Also looked at the Sandwich Lodge (next to the British Beer Company), and a couple of places in Falmouth (Holiday Inn, Inn on the Square, but those are kind of far for you, probably).  

Quality Inn is a decent and comfortable hotel (I've stayed there in the past), and it's got the Trowbridge Tavern as well.  It took us a bit of back and forth to get the contract straightened out, the manager didn't fully explain all of the ins and outs to begin with, so we had to ask him to clarify things a few times, so that was a bit of a pain, but we were able to get a group discount so that was helpful.  However, your group must make their reservations 3 months in advance in order to get the discount.  

The manager we met with at the Sandwich Lodge was very personable, and there are some nice features to the hotel and the amenities, but I wasn't as pleased with the rooms.  They do have a nice "apartment" suite and a backyard with picnic tables and also a pool, so if you're having a summertime wedding those would be nice things to take advantage of.

Hope that helps!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Options
    emh777emh777 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks kikibird!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards