Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Budget "Beach" wedding

I have always looved the idea of having my toes in the sand for my wedding. I never thought i would want the whole deal, but now that I work in the industry and planning my own I cant help but dream since i am surrouned by wedding/catering stuff on a daily basis.
 We have thought about doing a destination wedding ceremony and having a party/reception back home and dont need anything fancy and bedazzled but still want something nice pretty and fun. Or I would love to do a cape cod wedding and have a beach ceremony there but it is sooo expensive. I am working on a tight budget, any venue suggestions for something a litte less expensive but stil fun and impressive? A smaller venue is OK since we are likely inviting less than 100 people.

Re: Budget "Beach" wedding

• clage22clage22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at the SeaCrest and it was gorgeous right on the beach. For a smaller wedding on a tight budget..check out Falmouth Yacht Club. I looked into having my wedding there, but we had 150 people.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tip! I sent Seacrest a request for info but still havent heard from them. Will check out the Falmouth one too! :)
  • BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    edited December 2011

Bournedale Function Facility! On the water & beautoful!

• shoreshotz1shoreshotz1 member
    edited December 2011
    http://www.cycc.net/weddings.php

Gorgeous barn right on the beach! 
  • yesnomaybeyesnomaybe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Falmouth yacht club ...beautiful!!  $2000 room rental and it includes the beach ceremony fee
  • edited December 2011
    Big vote again for Bournedale function facility... Not the ocean but it's an old summer camp all redone to a retreat and conference center... PLUS you can rent the cabins for guests to stay in ( sort of camping but nicer) for reasonable money and they will make a BONFIRE for after the activities.  They also have kayacks and a place to swim and little boats...

Guests can stay 2 or 3 nights and have a mini vacation at about the price of half a room at the seacrest... I'ts a whole lot of fun.  

I have only been there to help set up weddings and events so have not eaten there yet.. but the new manager is a meticulous guy and is working really hard to make it fabulous and doing a great job. (Darrin i want to say)
    There is an arbor available for a pondfront lawn wedding in a great setting.  then a big open windowed hall for dinner and dancing with outdoor decks all around.

I'm still trying to figure out a reason to rent the place for all my friends for the weekend... minivacation and wedding... so good!  do take a peek!  
  • We are getting married at the Orleans Waterfront Inn- they are on the town cove in Orleans and have a beautiful historic windmill on site where the ceremony will be..reception to follow on their waterfront deck! We are only having about 100 people.
  • We are getting married at the cape codder in June. We are paying $6700 total. That includes the Beach ceramony, a shuttle that brings the guests to the beach, the reception room, a backup hall in case it rains, our cake with chocolate covered strawberries, catering, and the champange for our toast. We also get an ice sculpture I believe, and a room for the night of our wedding. We are having 80 people total. They also set up the reception room for you with all your centerpieces and linens. I am not sure of what your budget is but I think for all thats included in this was a good price, conpared to everywhere else I looked. good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards