Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Wedding bands

We are trying to check off wedding bands from the to do list. I have always loved the look of eternity bands but have been warned that they can not be sized and can get damaged because of all the stone work. Advice? Opinions? 
I have seen one alternative that I liked which is an eternity with a small gap on the underneath of the ring that allows for sizing. Thoughts?

Re: Wedding bands

• edited December 2011
    I have an eternity band and I love it. I didn't want to be constantly twisting it around to be facing the right way. I'm not terribly concerned about having it resized, since it fits perfectly now. It's also very thin, so it is easy to get over my big knuckle :) The only thing I was a little surprised about is I could really feel the stones on the inside (palm side) of my hand at first, but I got used to it in days.

Does your finger size change a lot? I've only been wearing mine less than 4 months, so I guess I can't really speak to long lasting...
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure if this is important to you or not, but they cannot engrave an eternity band because of the diamonds.  I ended up going with diamonds just half way around so that I could have mine engraved.  When I was making my decision though the jewler said that I shouldn't worry about damaging the stones on the underside if I did want an eternity band.  Kristen is right though - I do play with it a lot to make sure its lined up with my engagement ring!  Its not an issue for me, but is something to think about if its a concern for you.
  • edited December 2011
    I forgot about that-- yes, I wanted to get mine engraved but I couldn't, since it has the little holes on the inside where the diamonds are. I actually did see a couple that were solid on the inside though-- mostly with very small pave set diamonds, I think. So you can find engravable eternity bands, but they are few and far between.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for your help! It's nice to hear some positive feedback. I love the design!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards