Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Please Help! Venue Suggestions (with a budget)

Hi Everyone! I could really use some help on selecting a wedding venue. We've been looking (forever it seems) for a light and airy Cape Cod venue for May 2014. We're looking to spend about $15-17K on the venue, INCLUDING open bar for a big drinking crowd. We'd settle for open beer and wine if necessary though.  It looks like we'll have 130-150 guests. Some of the places we have appointments to see are the Ridge Club, the West Dennis Yacht Club, and the Captain Linnell House. Anyone have a similar budget/experience? Any suggestions on venues in this budget?! I'm so nervous of selecting a venue and realizing I forgot to factor in so many costs. All I see is numbers when looking at venue - HELP PLEASE!

Re: Please Help! Venue Suggestions (with a budget)

• There is lots you can do (but on that note, don't forget to factor in taxes...)

What kind of venue do you see yourself at?  There are converted barns, the vineyard, beach front sites, gardens, yacht clubs, function halls?  A little direction in what you want will be just as helpful as the budget.  (And if you can't decide, go photo-stalking for pictures of weddings at different venues - and think about where you want to have your first dance and want your pictures taken)
    Anniversary
  • Try Bournedale Function Facility or The Cape Codder in Hyannis, Sesuit Harbor Cafe
  • Did you end up finding one KMcQ7?
  • Have you checked the Dennis Inn? You'd need to have a tent on the front lawn for that many people, but the dancing would all be in the Inn. Your budget really does leave you many choices. Maybe even the Chatham Bars Inn boathouse? Captain Linnell House is so beautiful, and the woman who handles the weddings is super nice, as I'm sure you've discovered. Good luck!
  • You are describing The Flying Bridge in falmouth exactly. It is so perfectly light and casual yet elegant and SO cape cod. I got married there in 2011 right after they did their renovations and they were amazing. Very easy to work with and exactly within your budget (I actually spent far less than you budget for 120 people). I can email you some pictures if you'd like to see the place. I cannot recommend them enough. We were so happy with them and the way our wedding turned out. 
  • Thanks everyone for all the posts! We ended up booking with Captain Linnell House for May of next year! Very excited!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards