Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Wedding Shower/Bach party

Re: Wedding Shower/Bach party

• ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Don't get involved in planning your own shower or bach party.  Your friends will do it if they chose but it's very poor manners to do it yourself.

And that Jack & Jill shower to raise money is very poor etiquette as well.  YOU and your FI pay for the wedding and raising funds at a shower is rude also

The thing you are doing wrong is trying to get your friends to do these and they just not have the time or inclination to do it.
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry, not from this board, but what ootmother said x !1!11111!!!
  • edited December 2011
    OOT is spot on. The biggest mistake you are making here is getting involved at all. If your friends choose to throw you a party, you graciously accept whatever it is they wish to do. Even if it is not the exact day you envisioned - your friends are throwing you a party for cripes sake so be happy and enjoy their company!

Raising money for your wedding is never ever allowed in the etiquette world, and usually not in the world of common decency/sense either. Adults have the wedding they can afford - not go around looking for handouts. Do not take advantage of people. If you really are concerned about making your wedding related events less exspensive for people you would not be planning a jack and jill fundraiser.
  • edited December 2011

Ootmother2-

This is kind of off subject and maybe I am just out of the loop....but whats is up with your sig line?  Is that true or is it a quote???  I dont get it. 

• ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_wedding-showerbach-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:94Discussion:6316f68c-9d4b-487e-a28d-b2fd7c7f8bb7Post:9c361dec-d26b-47d6-a2a7-542b043ca7b0">Re: Wedding Shower/Bach party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ootmother2- This is kind of off subject and maybe I am just out of the loop....but whats is up with your sig line?  Is that true or is it a quote???  I dont get it. 
    Posted by jessicamutchler31[/QUOTE]

It's a quote from someone who posted on the Etiquette board a while ago and I thought it was funny.

I change my siggy quote off and on when there's a good one
  • edited December 2011
    Omg.  LOL.  I figured it was a joke but I didnt want to hurt any feelings.  I cant believe someone would seriously write that.  Hahaha!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards