Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Ceremony Musician/Guitarist

Hi all.  We are having our wedding ceremony on Skaket Beach in Orleans are looking for an acoustic guitarist to play 4-5 songs for our short ceremony.  Do any of you have a recommendation?  We contacted one agency and it was $500 for her to play, I thought that was a bit ridiculous for maybe a half hour of work. 

Re: Ceremony Musician/Guitarist

• edited December 2011
    When I looked at Ocean Edge as a venue, the contact mentioned a local guitarist that he favored. Perhaps you could call there and ask for their recommended musicians.

I don't know if this helps put things in perspective, but one harpist quoted just under $300 for the ceremony alone (Katie Lynch - great reputation, but I don't think she does beach weddings) and we are having two cellists for $425 (Schultze and Ericson - not sure if they do beaches).

HTH! 
  • edited December 2011
    We are using acoustic guitarist Brian Kelly from Seabreeze Band (508) 291 5286. He has a nice website too! He can sing and/or play guitar and has been great to work with so far! Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Capebride10, I booked Brian last week.  He is really friendly and will play the kind of music we are interested in for the ceremony.  I appreciate the rec!
  • edited December 2011
    Do you guys have a contact email for Brian that you can share? I too am getting married at Skaket Beach...Do you mind telling me what he charges?
  • edited December 2011
    Nevermind - i see he has another wedding the same day as ours - any other recommendations?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards