Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

ceremony location ideas

anyone have any ideas on where to have a ceremony in the upper cape area? I already have a reception venue booked but we are trying to find a different place to have the ceremony for about 180 people. let me know, thanks!

Re: ceremony location ideas

• Options
    BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is the reception location? The upper cape covers quite a bit of area & due to the military base being in the middle, getting from, say the boardwalk in Sandwich to Woods Hole in Falmouth in tourist season could possibly take you & your guests an hour
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it's in north falmouth, I love the Sandwich Boardwalk but the website says no weddings are allowed from May until Oct or something like that. I feel like I am running into a lot of road blocks with places!
  • Options
    BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are plenty of churches that would be open, but as far as outdoor locations, Im not positive what types of parks would be able to accomodate a wedding of that size during season. The gazebo in Buzzards Bay is open, but its on the other side of the bridge so that might not work, depending on what you like. Id most likely contact the recreation departments for falmouth, bourne, and mashpee & ask them what each town could do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    first congregational church in Falmouth is beautiful and open to all.  So is John Westley methodist church in Falmouth.  there is also the Unitarian church on Sandwich...

All 3 are liberal enough.

If you are brave and in my opinion a bit crazy you can go to a beach site ... wood neck is nice but accessibility is always a problem . 

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards