Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Outdoor Lighting Expert

Hi,

We're looking to avoid having a tent for an August wedding.
I was wondering if anyone used a lighting consultant to design a lighting scheme for an outdoor event.  If so, can you send me their contact information?

Thanks!

Re: Outdoor Lighting Expert

• edited December 2011
    Bad idea to skip the tent... this is Cape cod..If you don't like the weather , wait a minute...."  august is on the edge of hurricane season...

All the lighting in the world wont help if it's pouring with nowhere to go. 

sorry to be so frank... but better in foresight than hindsight...

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for your consideration, we obviously have a backup plan if rain is in the forecast, but in our summers on cape cod, it seems like it's pretty feasible to have an outdoor event sans tent.
  • clage22clage22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to agree with midgemoto. Not to be a debbie downer on your plans, but even if it is a beautiful day, it is nice to have a tent to shade people from the hot sun, and of course shelter from rain. It can help cut down on wind too. I know there have been many times where a sun shower can pop out of no where and you would hate a 2 minute shower to ruin everything. Just a thought though!
  • edited December 2011
    If anyone has an idea for a lighting expert, please let me know.
  • mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest the tent as well, you just never know what the weather is going to be like. Usually places where you rent tents from have things you can add to your tent, like lights.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • shoreshotz1shoreshotz1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try www.rcuplighting.com  not sure if they do outdoors but they have great reviews on wedding wire.  Good luck, sounds like it will be beautiful & unique!
  • edited December 2011
    Shoreshotz1,

Thanks so much for answering my question!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks MarieNEd10211- I contacted them already! Can't wait to see their portfolio!

• edited December 2011
    If you have not already booked, I would be happy to speak with you......There are many way you and treat an outdoor space. Creating an appropriate, elegant, styled enviroment for your event can definitly change the look and feel of the area you are in. There are a lot of options.......either way the offer is out there and I would be more than happy to take a look at the space and chat with you if you like!

~Kate
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards