Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Bournedale Function Facility/Camp Bournedale

I recentley visited Bournedale Function Facility/Camp Bournedale and fell in love with the reception hall and ceremony site. (And the owner, he's awesome!!)  My only hesitation is the cabins for overnight guests. (The cabins consist of about 10 twin size cots and a bathroom)  It has a camping feel and makes it a little less formal, which I like.  We are def going for a slightly less formal wedding; I want relaxed but not "cheap." 

Has anyone had their wedding there or been a guest at a wedding there?  My finace and I would be paying for the guests to stay so it would be a "free place to crash" but Im just not sure if my guests will think its ghetto. (for lack of a better word =)

Id appreciate your feedback!  Thanks!!

Re: Bournedale Function Facility/Camp Bournedale

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it too... but some thoughts..  reserving a block of rooms nearby that they can opt for on their own nickel...( probably the place off exit 5   can't remember the name right now..)
    Also planning to bring in some Tlc for the cabins... flowers and toiletries, snacks etc...
    Still, for the price and options we feel really good to be able to offer free overnight.. and we are looking forward to the bonfire after.

Love the place and ithink it will feel like a vacation  weekend rather than just a wedding... 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Personalizing the rooms with flowers and snacks is a great idea!  Yeah, I actually kinda regret starting this thread bc the more I think about Bournedale, the more I fall in love with it and weekend wedding idea.  I am really looking forward to the fire pit on their beach at the end of the night.

Thanks for your feedback!  Good Luck in your planning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    And.... in the summer they have canoes ad kayaks!  How grear is that?  I actually would just love to move right in!
  • Options
    jwienersjwieners member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend had her wedding at a camp ground. I can honestly say it was the BEST wedding I have ever attended. We stayed up late and had a huge bonfire and there wasn't any need to worry about drunk driving. I have stayedc at camp bourndale and can say it is a great place. The cotrs are not uncomfortable. It is clean, and i think it would be a FANTASTIC place to have your wedding. Not to mention the banquet hall has a view of the water or you could have the ceremony on the beach and go with a beach theme. You hvae so many options.
  • Options
    patsfreakpatsfreak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all...I need your help!!!  I am SO EXCITED to be getting married this summer at Bournedale!
    I have the same problem with the cabins, except I CAN'Tafford to pay for my guests!  So it seems I will basically asking for about $100 a person to stay in a cabin in a cot!  I just had my 2nd meeting with Darin (LOVE HIM).  I just don't know how the guests will feel...for the cabin feel.  Especially, when they can go the Hilton for the same price!  I know it will be a GREAT time.  Everyone has great reviews, so I know it will work out.
    I was thinking to dress them up as well & also supply the linens (between bridesmaids, close family we should have enough).  I just don't want to put anyone out, esp out of town guests.
    Any suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards