Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

inexpensive farm/garden wedding venue ideas anywhere in surrounding area

We live in south plymouth, but basically buzzards bay. Looking for an inexpensive location that has an outdoor space for ceremony and a possible indoor space for reception. We love the idea of a farm with a barn or something to that effect, or some pretty gardens. If it was near some water (pond, ocean, w/e) that'd be even better. Trying not to go further than an hour from us but dont really care where in that area.  Thanks for any help!!

Re: inexpensive farm/garden wedding venue ideas anywhere in surrounding area

• Options
    BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could maybe try Highfield Hall in Falmouth, or the Coonamessett. Also the Holiday Inn has a gazebo area out back which backs up to the conservation ares, but its also right next to the hotel, so that may be affordable & do able. Also maybe try Bourne Farm?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bournedale function facility!!!!  capefunctions.com... 

pondfront ceremony in a "summer camp." setting...

The manager is Evan and they have really been fixing the place up... its awesome and very easy money.... You can even rent cabins for your guests and have a bonfire on the beach after the wedding... 

check it out cause when the word gets going its gonna book right up!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bourne Farm in West Falmouth is fabulous!! Very rustic outdoors, beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bourne farm is $2800 minimum not including tent, caterer, porta potties or anything at all in the set up area though... georgeous, but rater expensive to say the least. 

One of my favorite places to walk and right down the street from me... but its operated by the Salt Pond Trust so the prices reflect the cost of conservatorship.
  • Options
    orcagirl1orcagirl1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.lafrancehospitality.com/">www.lafrancehospitality.com
    it's by the water....Waypoint Event Center, MacArthur Dr.
  • Options
    snadler3489snadler3489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Old Sea Pines Inn - I'm getting married there in June and that have a secret garden where they hold the ceremonies. They are a B&B in Brewster and they are really inexpensive, I'm still shocked my wedding of 60 people is under 7k on the Cape.

Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    bravegrace22bravegrace22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the great ideas..we'll definately look into them!  If there's anymore, please keep them coming : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    casual gourmet in hyannis has ownership to private spots all over the cape and they take care of everything.... I rememeber seeing a site on there that was farm like and gave you access to the house located on the property for bathrooms etc... may be worth checking out!

Believes, Hopes, Endures
    Love Never Fails...
    May 26, 2012
    Grand Cayman Island
  • Options
    adriancgreenadriancgreen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Coonamesset Farm in Falmouth. We almost had ours there, but decided to go with a beach wedding. They don't charge for the space, there is a covered outdoor area with a dance floor and they provide a buffet-style dinner for $60/pp. It's very quaint and pretty and people can wander through the gardens or visit the farm animals.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Overbrook House?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello
    Im not sure if its too late to reply...But the Navigator of Falmouth has a patio off their banquet room that is covered with a white tent from May-october. No ocean view though. There is a bridal fair there March 20th, 2011 from 11 to 3pm,, You should chec it out if it works for you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards