Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Anyone researched possibility of getting a permit for a beach event in Lower/Outer Cape?

Hi Everyone!

I'm so excited to be planning a wedding on Cape Cod!  Like a lot of people on here we thought about renting a house but it sounds like it's a huge hassle!

I was wondering if anyone ever considering getting a beach permit to do a tented wedding there.  Is it possible? 

Any information any one has would be greatly appreciated!!!

Re: Anyone researched possibility of getting a permit for a beach event in Lower/Outer Cape?

• jsimmjsimm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would start by contacting the town you want to have your wedding in, and see what they can tell you.  Our wedding is on the Beach in Brewster (next week, so its off-season) and I simply had to write a letter to the town hall, and then they proposed it at a town meeting.  Then it was approved!  I am having chairs set up, but only for the ceremony. Depending on the timing of your wedding, you may or may not be approved to have a tented wedding.  

I hope that helps! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

ive heard that some of the beaches in Bourne may allow this, it would be worth contacting the town hall. Falmouth & Sandwich would be harder since they have public beaches. Bourne are all town beaches.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards