Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Men's ties

Hi all!
Does anyone know where I can buy cute ties for the groomsmen to wear? My BM dresses are raspberry (dark, shiny pink) with navy blue sashes, and I'd like to incorporate at least one if not both of those colors. I'd love to have polka dot ties, but I'm having a hard time finding affordable, cute ties.

Thank you!

Re: Men's ties

• woodiewoodie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi - I just saw a navy tie with  pink polkadots at Landsend.com. Check it out.  Good luck! 

I tried Vineyard vines too, but their polkadot ties are $85.00. 8( 
  • edited December 2011
    We got ours from Vineyard Vines and gave them as gifts to the GM.  When you buy a bunch, they should give you a discount.  They also have sales frequently.  I'd call and ask - they are very nice :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I would definitely check out Macys.  I just got our guys ties there and they were on sale.  They only had three in stock (I have seven groomsmen) but the salesgirl called around to different stores until she found the rest.  I think the ties ended up being about $20 each b/c they were on sale.

Another idea is to order the material and have them made.  The shop where I got my bridesmaids dresses offered to do that but it would have been a lot more expensive. 

Good luck! 
  • Fall06BMaidFall06BMaid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a lot of vendors on etsy that you could make you custom ties - the prices do vary. 
  • jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm more of a lurker.......

But I'm planning on buying some ties from here. (o: They look wicked cute and othe knotties on my board gave them great reviews!

http://www.thetiebar.com/
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, thanks for all of the feedback!

My florist actually told me to pick out material and have someone make them, but I'm thinking that will be very expensive.
  • edited December 2011

We got our ties from thetiebar.com.  They were raspberry and navy striped.  And reasonably priced also!

• rshafmanrshafman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should try the Brooks Brothers outlet - there is one in Wrentham - worth the trip if you find the right ties. Even if they dont have all the same ones in stock they will call other stores for you and have them shipped - we ended up with the exact ties we wanted - but for half the price on a sale weekend - which comes in handy when your buying 8 ties!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards