Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Had make-up trial-want to cry :(

Hey girls-
I had my hair and makeup trial yesterday.  My hair came out awesome but my makeup was not so great.  The woman was great and very patient but I left looking like a tranny and I felt awful. BTW, this was after I told her I wanted a natural look and she wiped most of the makeup off.  Can anyone recommend a good makeup artist?  I am looking for a sunkissed look as I dont normally wear makeup. Thanks so much!

Jess

Re: Had make-up trial-want to cry :(

• Options
    CCBelATCCCBelATC member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure when/where your wedding is, but I used Ella Schwotzer and she was fantastic! http://www.ellaschwotzermakeup.com/ I hightly recommend her!
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
    Visit CapeCod.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    allisong23allisong23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Emma at Eden Skin Care Studio!
    http://www.edenskincarestudio.com/

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    carolyns4882carolyns4882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lisa George! She was amazing! I would call soon though because she books up very quickly...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sheryl Baba at Solstice Day Spa, I used her when my sister got married. i am generally a no or little makeup person, and she did a phenomenal job.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Erin from Artworx. My trial came out very natural looking and very similar to the inspiration photos I brought in. I was really happy with it.
  • Options
    Mystic619Mystic619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I contacted Artworx as well for makeup, and had Kimberly Richard do the makeup for myself and my bridesmaids for my June wedding.  She was excellent.  I was so happy with my trial and also the wedding day makeup, and all my girls were as well.  She uses Arbonne products, which I love, and made my makeup look natural and just how I wanted it.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all of your recommendations!  I was lucky enough to nab Lisa George's associate Hillary.  I feel so much better. 
  • Options
    Lpdmsb7408Lpdmsb7408 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    makeupbyaly.com
  • Options
    CaitMcD24CaitMcD24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mystic - so glad to hear you liked Kimberly Richards. I had my trial with her 4th of July weekend at her house and she was very nice and I thought she did a great job showing the natural look I wanted (I loved the Arbonne products). I am using her in October, although only one of my BM's is getting her make-up done as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards