Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Band ideas

My fiance and I were pretty set on a DJ for our wedding next July and then he heard about the Beantown Swing Orchestra, which sounds amazing.  We're both thinking that an 18 piece band might be too much and it seems like they play mostly swing and older music though we started to like the idea of a band.  So we've been researching other bands in the Boston/Cape Cod area but to me, they all sound the same and some even sound a little cheesy.  Any recommendations for unique bands??  Thanks in advance for any advice!

Re: Band ideas

• edited December 2011
    My sister-in-law had the Hip Pocket Band at their wedding and they were AWESOME!!!  Guests were on the dance floor the entire time :-) I think they are an 8 piece band.  HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    We used the White Heat Swing Orchestra at our wedding, and they were fantastic.  They perform in all sorts of size groups.  Specifically we used a 5-piece group, which worked for the size of our facility.  They play swing and standards, and our crowd loved them.  We danced all night!  They are based out of Cambridge, but traveled to the Cape for us w/out issue.
  • edited December 2011
    check out Panneubean Steel - i wish I could afford a full band for the wedding.  We are having the steel pan player in the band do our ceremony and cocktail hour, I think it was around $2500 for the whole band to do the reception.  They are a carribbean band but they have a phenomenal sound - and fitting, at least IMO, for a cape wedding.

check them out at

www.panneubeansteel.com
  • Jocelyn1211Jocelyn1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm checking all of the bands mentioned out right now in terms of pricing and availability...thanks so much for all the suggestions!
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Have you searched NightShift at all?

Best ever!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards