Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Photo Booth Rentals

Has anyone or is anyone doing a Photobooth Rental for their reception/cocktail hour? Or in place of a guest book?

My mom and I went to a bridal show in March at Ocean Edge and they had a really cool photobooth set up that we loved. The prices seem okay and it's unlimited photos at most companies.

So we were wondering:

How did it work out?

Was there a long line?

Was the scrapbook worth it?

What company did you use?

How was the service? Did you have an attendant?

Thanks soooooo much in advance! This is an extra for us, so any advice/answers we can get would be so helpful!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16

Re: Photo Booth Rentals

• edited December 2011
    I looked into this for my wedding, but there are very few cape based photo booth companies (actually I couldn't find any on cape, and only 1 on one of the islands - nantucket maybe?).  If you are any distance down the cape for your venue, the travel fees they add on make the price absolutely ridiculous.  I contacted 2 or 3 different companies, and I was quoted between $2000-$2500 for 3 hours because of the travel time to get to Yarmouth, which was not really worth it to me, even though I that was something that was high on my list of wanted items.  Definitely get details and make sure to get travel fees included in a quote.
  • edited December 2011
    I had my reception at The Brookside Club in Bourne, and I had a photo booth from Party Booths (they're a nationwide service, just google the name). My guests RAVED about having the photobooth, so it's definitely something you should pursue if it can fit in your budget! For 4 hours of booth time, plus an hour of idle time around dinner, including double prints for the scrapbook,  I believe it was around 1295 total. As for the line issue, I'm not quite sure how it was, but usually when I checked it out there'd be a couple people waiting. Since I had it for the cocktail hour and a majority of the night, it wasn't particularly an issue because people could just go back to it later. I LOVE having the scrapbook because some of the photos were hilarious and there were great comments in it. The other nice thing about Party Booths is that a few weeks later you get a CD with all the images on it.

I have one complaint about Party Booths, which almost two months later I've been meaning to follow up with them about it. We did have an attendant, but he was pretty much useless. He didn't put any of the stickers from Party Booths on the back of the printed photos for the guests (which was provided by Party Booths), so they had no link to access the photos online. The assistant also decided to bring some chick with him and she was getting drinks from our open bar! When I spoke to the assistant a few days before the wedding, he made no indication that he would be bringing someone along with him, which leads me to believe she was not an additional assistant, but a girlfriend of some sort. He also didn't put any of the scrapbook pages into the actual scrapbook, so I had to put all the pages into it myself after I got back from our honeymoon. This is something I would have THOUGHT he would do during the night so I had a final product by the end of the evening.

While all the above sounds pretty bad, I can still say it was worth having the booth. No one noticed the issues with the attendant that I observed, and I'm hoping once I finally call photo booths they will resolve the issues I had with my experience. I think if I had another assistant I wouldn't of had any issues, and now knowing my situation when speaking to the assistant you can point out to them your expectations, and make sure they're not bringing a tag-along!
    Married June 26, 2010! | Wedding/For Sale Bio
  • tara214tara214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tropicanha,

I am getting married at The Brookside Club next July. Would you mind giving me a little feedback on your thoughts, was there anything to watch out for? So far so good but we are very early in the planning process! Also, where in the venue did you have the Photo Booth, depending on our budget, my FI and I would like to do this as well but were wondering if we would have enough space.

Thanks in advance!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!! Sounds like a company I'd look into. Where you able to add things to your contract that might prevent that from happening in the future if you redid it?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know about contract-wise what can be done, but I have a feeling that however my assistant acted wasn't the expectations of the Party Booths company. I have read reviews of Party Booths before where people have stated they had great assistants. If you want to pursue them, you could make them aware of my experience and state your concerns, and by doing this I think you would be covered. A few days before the wedding the assistant contacts you, so you can ask them questions and tell them your expectations then as well.
    Married June 26, 2010! | Wedding/For Sale Bio
  • thesnooperthesnooper member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is in June 2011 and I just received a quote for a photo booth.

5 hours w/ attendant, unlimited color or black & white photos: $1,450.00
    Mention "BOS10" and they will give you $100 off.  I actually found them here on The Knot, they were running a promotion ($100 off) So i sent them an email.

So in the end the cost would be: $1350.00

Hope this helps.
  • edited December 2011
    Great thanks everyone!!! I really appreciate this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards