Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Rehearsal Dinner - Flying Bridge

Hi,
My fiance and I are considering the Flying Bridge for our rehearsal dinner.  We can't visit it ourselves any time soon because we live in Arizona, so I wanted some feedback.  We expect about 40 guests.  On the phone they told me that they have 3 different rooms.  If anyone is having a rehearsal dinner there or has had one, which room is best for that size group and for the water views....also let me know what bufffet or plated dinner you chose.  And the overall experience with the planning etc.

Thank you so much!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Flying Bridge

• shoreshotz1shoreshotz1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The flying Bridge is a beautiful location right on Falmouth Harbor. There are beautiful docks & boats and an amazing view! I recommend the stationed meal...awesome raw bar and amazing Cape Cod favorites! Both rooms offer beautiful views and the service is wonderful!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,

We had a rehearsal dinner there on August 20th of this year and I wrote about it a little while back, but I'd be happy to share our experience again!

I can't say enough good things about our event - from the food to the staff, the evening was everything we hoped it would be!  We had the Seashore Buffet, but mixed it up a bit - instead of the apple crisp we requested the strawberry shortcake, and replaced the fresh fruit mirror with onion soup (we would have chosen the clam chowder, but the reception was at the Coonamessett and we were having that there).  Darlene, our coordinator, was more than accommodating and the food was absolutely delicious.  People raved about the fish, and I personally felt that the steak tips were some of the best I've ever had (and were actually grilled)!  We also added the cheese and fruit Hors d'Oeuvres (which was both beautiful and delicious) and an open bar.

We left them many items to set up for us - centerpieces, activities, adirondack chair place cards with starfish cookies on them, and other items.  They set it up better than I would have!  And their own decor was tasteful and fit right in.  They also gave us a choice of linen colors on the tables.

You can't beat the location.  We had our event out on the dock under the tent and fortunately the weather was perfect - it was warm but breezy, and with the boats and the lights it looked so festive!  There were other events going on at the same time, but we felt it just added to the party atmosphere - it's great to hear other people laughing and having a good time!

The waitstaff were attentive, but not annoying.  Although it was a buffet they served it, so they were aware when something was running low;  and the soup and dessert were individually served.

So many people told us how beautiful the evening was - just the setting alone would have been wonderful, but with delicious food and great management it was perfect!!  (By the way, the Coonamessett is also run by the same people, and our experience there was just as pleasurable).

Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our rehearsal dinner there next Friday, so I will write about my experience then. So far though it's been easy. Our dinner is about the same size and we are having it on the deck/balcony off the upstairs. It was the only one left when we booked it so I didn't look at any of the others, but it's a nice size for that many people. They have heat lamps and side covers in case of bad weather.

We are doing buffet style since our reception is a plated meal and I THINK we are doing the New England clam bake. I can't say what the planning was really like b/c FMIL took charge. From what i had heard, the food is good but not outstanding, but views make up for it. But it sounds like PP had great food and atmosphere, so I'm pretty excited.
  • edited December 2011
    I had my rehearsal dinner there on September 17th it was amazing. The food was amazing and the staff was super friendly! It was very reasonably priced as well!
  • Frae2010Frae2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have to agree with my mother-in-law, Homeschoolmom. Our rehearsal dinner was AMAZING! The food was wonderful, the staff was great, and the view...so picturesque!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards