Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Reading suggestions?

FI and I are looking for readings that are not the traditional wedding readings.  One has to be for my special needs brother, so reading level of most poems used (the early american or English poets) are going to be above his reading ability.  FI's not much help, he thinks everything sounds the same - and his suggestion is to have someone recite the priest's lines from "The Princess Bride", complete with rolled r (Mawage....")

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

Re: Reading suggestions?

• Options
    edited December 2011

I should have some great stuff for you in the next day or two!!  My friend just mailed me a 40 page package of wedding readings for me to read over!  :)  I'll post the ones that seem of interest to you....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I can't wait to see them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having "love", by Roy Croft as a reading! it is one of my favorite poems!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about one of the excerpts from "The Velveteen Rabit"?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    one of our readings will be "i carry your heart with me" by ee cummings - i think it might work for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    well, I got the package that I've been waiting for and I'm a little disappointed.  It's not readings like I thought it was going to be.  It's the stuff the officiant would say, which I do need since a family friend is getting ordained for a day to marry us.  I just thought it was going to be poems and readings  :( 

So I'm very sorry that I can't help!!!   I'm in the same boat looking for readings!  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've actually made 1 choice for readings - my brother is going to read the apache wedding blessing:

Now you will feel no rain,
    for each of you will be shelter for the other.
    Now you will feel no cold,
    for each of you will be warmth for the other.
    Now there is no more loneliness.
    Now you are two persons,
    but there is only one life before you.
    May your days together be good and long upon the earth.

We're leaning toward an exerpt from "the Prophet" for the 2nd reading titled "on Marriage" - It's longer so I won't post it in here, but its easy to find if you google it.

Hope that helps you some Smile

• Options
    Jennifer0807Jennifer0807 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I don't have anything saved on my computer, but I googled "Ocean poems" and was able to incorporate the ocean and love into my beachfront wedding readings. I didn't have anyone do the readings, it was just incorporated in the the whole ceremony. 
    GL
    My favorite thing about 2011? Zip Lining in Kauai

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards