Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Venue HELP!

HI fellow Cape Cod brides!

I am looking for the perfect venue for our October 2014 wedding and I need your help!! We would love a small(ish) Inn or large Private Property. My dream is to have a late afternoon ceremony on the lawn overlooking the ocean followed by a tented reception on the beach wrapping up with a s'mores bonfire on the beach later in the night. There will be approximately 75 people. Our vision is super casual and fun.. something that doesn't scream wedding!!

We are looking for a place where the bridal party (approx. 16 people) can stay for the weekend and also have the ceremony, reception and a super casual Sunday morning brunch (we would be renting the property for the full weekend). I have tons of family history on Bank St. and Chatham so ideally we would like to be in the Chatham and Harwichport areas.

After many many many many hours of research I am totally stumped. Our biggest problem is the 10pm time limit. I understand the town noise ordinances but I know some places do not make you end the party at 10pm, I just can't find them. If anyone knows any venues that seem to fit into what I am looking for please please pleaes HELP!

Re: Venue HELP!

• The 10pm time limit is going to get you everywhere on the water, because of the water-echo effect.  So you'll have to move off of the water, and probably be out of Chatham and more toward Hyannis/Falmouth, if you don't want the party to end. 
    Honestly, it sounds like a perfect Chatham Bars Inn Boathouse wedding.  It will fit 75, they host the bonfire and smores for you, and you can do dancing on the outside deck and beach. 
    You could rent a big house or do a block of rooms in Chatham at one of the Inns (there are two really cute ones just around the corner) if CBI rooms are out of the budget.
    Then, once you hit the 10pm limit, you can bring the party inside (sans music) to the Cod Tavern.
    Anniversary
  • Pelham House (does have the time limit) but you can do the bonfire after the beach.  There is a site fee (probably ~$4k for Oct) + tent etc. so may not be economical given the smaller size of your wedding.  Have you looked at the Cosair and Crossrip?  They have a few houses for rent that would accomodate your wedding party size and hotel rooms.  They do have an option for ceremony on lawn overlooking the water and a few different reception options - although I don't think any of them are on the beach.  I believe there are some venues that include bon fires within walking distance (the event coordinator at the Sea View mentioned this although I don't recall the name of the places).  Not sure if you already looked into either the Pelham House or Corsair but I saw both last weekend and they are very nice :)
  • You should look into the Winstead Inn in Harwichport. (Here's a link to photos of a wedding done there: http://simirabinowitzphoto.blogspot.com/2012/07/jessican-nicks-wedding-winstead-inn.html) Stunning, but sadly it was out of my budget :( If you can afford it I think it sounds like just what you are looking for!!
  • I don't know what your budget is like, but we are pretty much having the exact wedding you are describing (from the lawn to the beach to the tent right down to the s'mores bonfire ending at 12 midnight) at the Wychmere Beach Club. If it's in your budget, it's absolutely stunning and has everything you're looking for. Good luck! 
  • I don't know what your budget is like, but we are pretty much having the exact wedding you are describing (from the lawn to the beach to the tent right down to the s'mores bonfire ending at 12 midnight) at the Wychmere Beach Club. If it's in your budget, it's absolutely stunning and has everything you're looking for. Good luck! 
  • Thanks so much for the responses! I actually had all of those venues on my list of places to visit with Windham at #1 (we have history with that particular inn). I'd love Wychmere but unfortunately the $35k minimum is way out of our budget. bkt1984, when is your wedding at Wychmere?
  • I think you should rethink a tented reception outside in October on the cape next to the water.  It's going to be mighty chilly.
  • We are getting married May 24, 2014 (Memorial Day weekend). Hoping for the best case scenario, weather-wise. :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards