Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Engagement Photos

We have been engaged now for 3 weeks, and our planning our wedding for 2012. When do you typically have engagement photos taken? I have been hearing that a lot of people have them taken as part of their wedding package, so should we wait a year until we hire our photographer for our wedding? It just seems so far away. What has  evryone else been doing?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement Photos

• edited December 2011
    I think it depends on what you want to do with them.  Most photographers do have a package that includes engagement photos, and I would definitely recommend having the same photographer do both engagement photos and your wedding so that you can get comfortable with their working style before the wedding day.  It also gives you an opportunity to see if you are going to be comfortable with the photographer - who is the only vendor you will be spending every minute and sharing intimate moments with.

Also, once you have your date set, it is never too early to book your photographer - the good ones go quickly!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree that you should have your wedding photographer do your e-pics.  If nothing else, it's a great opportunity to get comfortable with him/her and to get comfortable in front of the camera.  If you want them done sooner rather than later, go ahead and book your photographer now.  And if they don't offer e-pics as part of their package, just ask.  Ours included them at no extra charge when we asked.
  • edited December 2011
    we're going to take ours soon cuz I want to use our photos as direction signs for our engagment party lol
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting our engagement photos taken in 2 weeks which will be about 5 weeks after proposal. We are getting married in about a year so we will use them as save the date magnets. I found a women on cape who does engagement photos for $100 and gives you a CD. If your interested I will let you know how they come out. 
    Photobucket
  • ashleym0706ashleym0706 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your input everyone! I would love to hear about the pictures on the cape for $100. Please let me know how they come out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • awesomeaholaawesomeahola member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi I'm Ashley a co-owner of Love Life Lens Photography and would be happy to shoot you engagement session for $100 including cd please go to our website and see if our style is anything like you would be looking for our website is LoveLifeLens.com.

Thanks, Ashley
    LoveLifeLens.com
    774-473-8464
    love.life.lens@gmail.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards