Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Private Rental Home for Reception

Hi...

I am trying to think outside of the box for my reception.  Has anyone rented a private house in the Cape for a wedding reception?  I have called Out Great Gatsby, but they want $7,000 for a wedding and portable bathrooms would have to be rented.  That is way out of our budget.

I would love any thoughts... Eveyone here has a wealth of knowledge:)

Thank you,
Meagen

Re: Private Rental Home for Reception

• edited December 2011

This question comes up every once in awhile. I've seen people respond that Connie Nye-Clark from The Perfect Plan works with private residences, etc.  for weddings. She is a wedding planner but may have suggestions for you. http://www.theperfect-plan.com. HTH!

• edited December 2011
    Thank you very much... I will go to the website and check them out:)
  • edited December 2011
    I was orginally going to do that and found quite a few homes on weneedavaction.com that were willing to work with me but in the end it was going to be more expensive to do that then to have it at an inn/restaurant and we would have so much more stress because we didn't want to hire a planner so we would be renting everything and setting up tables and stuff on our wedding day so we decide to go somewhere where those things will be done for us!!!  But I love the idea - if you can afford a planner I'd say go that way and I've heard great things about Connie Nye Clark.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, There are a few places I know of in the Bourne area that rent whole houses for weddings but it can be really expensive especially if you need a tent.  I am actually getting married at my parents house and even that is really expensive, so I am actually trying to find someone who would want to get married on the day after me so we could split the tent, tables, dishes etc. It is a really nice property that overlooks the water and has a horse pasture.  If you would be interested in entertaining the idea let me know.  My email is amy.ballentine at gmail.  Good luck, Amy
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for all your suggestions:)  I spoke to Connie Clark and she was so helpful and very nice to talk to... But after talking to her I realized how expensive it would be!! So my fiance and I are going to keep looking for another reception idea!!

Amy.... That is a great idea!! It is amazing how expensive it is when you start adding up the tent and everything that goes with it!!  You have spaked my interest!!  It sounds beautiful:) Good luck:)  Meagen
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there, hope your quest is going well.  In case you or anyone you know is interested, my site is available June 20th and September 19th.  Outdoor ceremony overlooking the water (1st pix) and the reseption will be under the tent next to the horse paddock 2nd pix.  Good luck with everything and let me know if I can be of help.  Amy

• stefani1233stefani1233 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello I was hoping and wondering if you still accommodate weddings at your site? I noticed from this posting you had posted pictures and they look beautiful. My fiance and I are looking for a very casual yet pretty place for our wedding reception of probably about 100 people (maybe even less). We know we want a summer wedding (jun-sept) and really want to do a clambake style dinner. Do you happen to have a website with additional photos? Or have any other information about your location and fees? Thanks soooooo much!!!

Stefani
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards