• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Unique Ceremony Venue?

Hello!

Although I have secured a reception venue (a private home in Truro), there is not enough room in the yard to host the ceremony there as well.

My fiance and I are not having a religious ceremony, and in fact our mutual friend is getting ordaned as our officient.

I am open to any ideas for a ceremony venue. I would only need to rent the space for a few hours (3 hours?) for the ceremony itself and ideally this place would be close to Truro. I've been looking into museums, restaurants, art spaces etc. and although a beach wedding ceremony sounds nice, I am afraid no one will be able to hear anything.

Ideas? Thoughts? 

Remember I already have the reception venue, so renting another large venue would be too expensive. Ideally looking for a unique open space with a view or something beautiful about it to use for a few hours.

Re: Unique Ceremony Venue?

• We got married on the beach in Brewster and our DJ, (DJ Ken Drew,) provided a mic. It was a small wedding, about 45 people, so it wasn't hard to hear at all and the ceremony was about 15 minutes long. It was perfect and gorgeous, with some kite-boarders scooting along in the background.

It rained the day of our wedding, but stopped long enough for us to get married on the beach. You'll definitely want to have a back-up plan if you're having the ceremony outside. Seems obvious, right? We knew we could have the ceremony at our reception venue, but never actually MADE the back-up plan until the morning of the wedding. It was UNBELIEVABLY stressful. Don't go that route! :)
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards