Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Beachmoor Brides

Hi Ladies,
I was wondering if any brides that have gotten married at or are planning their wedding at the Beachmoor Inn on Buzzards Bay have used a day of coordinator? I don't want to have to worry about all the little details the day of our wedding and it seems as though Rita is a bit set in her ways in terms of "how things should be"....so I am considering hiring a doc. Has anyone else done this at the Beachmoor? I don't want to offend Rita or anything, but I also don't want to have to worry about the set up on the day of the wedding...thoughts/experiences? 

Thanks for sharing!

Re: Beachmoor Brides

• Options
    BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im not a beachmoor bride, but I was very seriously considering it and decided against it because of how 'set in her ways' Rita is. It had always been my dream to get married there(my family is from buzzards bay, my fiance graduated from the maritime. but I decided against it since our personalities clashed so much. If I had gotten married at the Beachmoor I definatly would have hired a doc to keep my dreams in mind.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice. She seemed really sweet and friendly when we first met but after seeing the venue set up for a Sept. wedding and thinking of all the things I wanted differently, I got a little attitude from her and started getting worried! I'm going to look around for a DOC that's worked there before. Thanks!
  • Options
    Alexandra1976Alexandra1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My boss...Karen Bryden from Petals by the Sea and myself have done several weddings their and Rita is a little strong.  I remember her telling one of our brides that she was to use her arbor that was done in silk flowers and if her florist...us wanted too.... we could add some fresh flowers to it.  That is not what the Bride wanted.  So Karen brought her own and we designed an arch with all fresh and we returned first thing the next day and removed it.  My feeling is it is your Wedding and she is just the reception and should put her efforts into making sure your reception food is perfect and her help is courteous. If you are having more than 100 people.....a planner is great!!!  May we suggest...Desiree Spinner of Osterville.  We just designed a Tent wedding with her in Orleans.  She has everything down to a science!  An excellent planner to work with.  Please let her know we referred you and also ask her for a reference on our work if you do not already have a florist!  Alexandra
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alexandra- thank you very much for your recommendation! I'm actually meeting with Karen in two weeks and very much looking forward to it. I will also check out Desiree!
  • Options
    GBroc22GBroc22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Alexandra,
    I stumbled across this and was wondering where your tented wedding was in Orleans? We're still looking for a venue, and really want to do a tented, waterview venue :)

Any advice would be great!
  • Options
    Alexandra1976Alexandra1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For GBro22.....The Tent was at the Bride's family home in Orleans.
    Where on the Cape were you thinking?
    In Dennisport....Corsair Cross Rip resort owns 3 Houses that are either on the beach or accross the street that will be able to put a wedding tent up.
    look them up on the internet. A good possibility!
    Alex
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards