Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Churches/Chapels in Hyannisport

Hello!  I just got engaged two weeks ago, and my fiance and I are starting to look at ceremony/reception sites.  We are looking to have the reception in Hyannis, but we are having trouble finding a ceremony site close by.  Does anyone know of any churches or chapels in or close to Hyannis/Hyannisport?  There is this one called Union Chapel in Hyannisport, which is really cute and right near the water, but I can't find any contact information or website for it.  Has anyone contacted them or had their ceremony there? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Churches/Chapels in Hyannisport

• Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What denomimation church are you looking for?
    Anniversary
  • BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not too far away is First Congregational Church of Yarmouth, I got married there on the 4th and Pastor Phil is sooooooooo nice!
  • edited December 2011
    Lobsters25- any Nondenominational/interdenominational, episcopal, or catholic churches/chapels.
  • Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Union Church, if it's the one I'm thinking of, is actually the Zion Union Church (Baptist).  There are quite a few Baptist churches in that area.

Depending on where you are having your ceremony in Hyannis (since Hyannis is spread out pretty well), you might be able to consider St. Mary's in Barnstable.  There is also St. Andrew's in Hyannisport and St. Peter's in Osterville.  All of those are Episcopal.  I love the front of St. Peter's, especially for photos - though our reception site forced us to pick a church closer to Orleans and Chatham.
    Anniversary
  • KateG419KateG419 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a really pretty church on Main St in Hyannis. I can't remember the name of it, though. Our Lady of Victory in Centerville is also really close and a very popular place for weddings. Gorgeous gardens.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards